scorpion achievements - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scorpion achievements

Just a fun thread really.

What's the most outragous thing your scorpion has ever killed? Something that made your opponent seriously question their 85 point bargain cost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played 4 a few times for fun. I played vampire counts and I had 3 come out in one turn. I charged them all at full units with vampires in them. I killed the vampire lord (the general), one hero vamp, and wounded another. The next turn the other scorp came out and killed the last one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My scorpions are made of bad luck and fail.

If given a nice squishy mage, they will try their best to not injure the mage, and take as many wounds as they can from the unit its in.

but every once and a while scorpions will actually kill it, making everything all right
    Last edited by gdsora; February 25th, 2010 at 16:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Well, I must say it was funny to kill Teclis with a Scorp Even though he's not that hard to kill given he has T2

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay
    played a 3.5 K match today
    against Vampires, The other player brought Count Mannfred....Okay so i wasnt prepared for that, NO way i could be.

But i burrowed two scorpions two snipe him

Everything went well, they came up on turn 2, charged Mannfred

And all 8 attacks

missed, every single one

I rolled 5 1's and 3 2's

i think im done using scorpions for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

harsh, bad luck happens though, can't blame the scorpion

My scorpion once scattered into a unit of swordmasters by accident and butchered the whole unit. shouldnt happen though i think i got lucky and my brother is terribly unlucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Check out my sig. Gotrek freaking Gurnisson
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha im not sure who that is tbh, never encountered them.

I played my first 'official' game with tomb kings today! Was good fun, i lost though quite solidly for 4 reasons:
    1) My first opponent was vampire counts at 1k points and i forgot 2 tiems to roll for scorp arrival.

2) I charged manfred (yeah, was nice of him to bring him along) with prince in chariot ON HIS OWN (the rest of the unit would have hit impassable terrain) , nailed manfred but then died to dire wolves in the unit (the shame ) he then decided manfred was never his general and some other vamp was. my bad for not asking at beginning of game.

3) he had 6 dispel dice, pretty brutal for 1k points imo.

4) I charged a unit of 20 skeletons with basic vamp in with 3 basic chariots Needless to say the crumbling ensued was hilarious. I realised of course before declaring this charge that i wouldnt win but i had lost and it was a friendly game so why conserve points when you might be able to lawnmower down a vampire and redeem SOME self respect atleast :p

Add to this the fact that my opponent was about 12 and it was a fairly appaling show by me, but fair play to my opponent, he knew his stuff.

Back on topic my scorpion netted his first kill! Nailed himself a vagulf (i believe thats the spelling), bat thingy with regen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't post anything specific but Gotrek is roughly 4 times the cost of a scorpion, has a good ward save, has high stats and his wounds multiply. He's also unbreakable and has magic resistance. Statistically not many characters or monsters could last a round of combat against him.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

+ Reply to Thread