DoE stories - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoE stories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DoE stories

I figure there are other tales similar to this one but this is too good not to share with at least one other person and I figured LO was a good place to tell at least one person. So heres the lowdown. I was battling my Tomb Kings vs. a friends Lizardmen and had one of the best combats ive ever been a part of, here's what happened.

A Skink Chief on an Ancient Stegadon with the War Spear charges into my unit of 19 Tomb Guard (full CMD) which contains my Tomb King with the Destroyer of Eternities and the Collar of Shapesh. The Stegadon did 13 st6 impact hits plus an additional st6 hit from normal attacks, while the skinks on the howdah had a few hits but managed no wounds. The Chief caused a single wound. By the time I could attack back 14 of my Tomb Guardsmen had been skewered or trampled underfoot (good song by the way) so I fought back with a vengence. The Tomb Guard killed 3 of the 4 skink crew but my Tomb King took the cake, and he ate it too. Using the special DoE attack, he was able to lay down 2 st7 hits on every remaining model (he was able to hit the remaining crew member, the chief, and the ancient stegadon since they were all considered in 'base contact' with the king) which easily killed the remaining skink crew, easily dispatched the Skink Chief and layed an easy 2 wounds on the Ancient Stegadon bringing him down to 3 remaining wounds. Come time for combat resolution I had lost by 5 which wiped out my remaining Tomb Guard leaving the Tomb King as the lone survivor of the round.

Having lost all of its crew and the Skink Chief, the Ancient Stegadon let out a mighty bellow and continued the fight with a new found anger, hopelessly. So when the dust finally settled ther stood an old angry stegadon and an even older dead King. Thankfully during my next magic phase my King was able to get his 'my will be done' incantation off and attacked again, using the special attack of course, and carved another two wounds off of the great beast. When the close combat phase rolled around, my King having the higher initiative, swung the DoE for a final time, again using the special attack, took the remaining life out of the Ancient Stegadon, and smiled for the first time in countless millenia. This just goes to show that there is no reason to assume you can beat a Tomb King armed with the Destroyer of Eternities. It cant be done. Unless of course the dice betray you in your time of need. So anyway I thought I would share that because it made my day. If you have a similar success story with the DoE feel free to post a reply. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) How on earth did your tomb guard get to attack back after losing that many?

2) Shouldnt the steg have gone first in round 2 of combat seeing as he won first round?

Otherwise, nice to see something kills those nasty beasts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

1) i think your right about that, the tomb guard can't attack back with 4 kills if so many died... considering the champion can do only so much damage...

2) who won previous round of combat no longer affects who strikes when( Not in this 7th edition), so initiative would be the right order.
    i do wonder though perhaps you should have waited with striking the DoE, since it counts as a Great Weapon. xD
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!!! I have been playing very wrong there then and so have my opponenets. I really should look over that section of the book.

Apolagies for my incorrect information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my King Take down Stegs so many times.
    DoE is just made for taking down stegadons, it actually bites for lizardmen. But who cares! Their engine will blow our army to bits
    So i like taking them down as fast as i can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    1) i think your right about that, the tomb guard can't attack back with 4 kills if so many died... considering the champion can do only so much damage...
    Magic is the word, my friend Magic! I hope, cause it's the only way for them to attack in such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    2) who won previous round of combat no longer affects who strikes when( Not in this 7th edition), so initiative would be the right order.
    i do wonder though perhaps you should have waited with striking the DoE, since it counts as a Great Weapon. xD
    The TK should have been forced to give the initiative to the steg, it's the only disadvantage with GWs

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experince Stegadons suck at killing Tomb Kings so i bet he would probably still be able to strike

Still GW = always strike last =P

I find the flail of skulls better at killing them?

+ Reply to Thread