2000 pts friendly games help plz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts friendly games help plz

I'm fairly new to WH in general and have but played 2 games, with gobbos, so I really I have no experience walking into even my friendly matches. My friends run 2 steamtank Empire, Lizardmen, and High Elves. Honestly, I'm not terribly worried about the lizards or elves ( though help is still appreciated), but two steam tanks and Carl Franz on a dragon, hordes of knights plus a captain on a pegasus worry me quite alot. How in the world am I supposed to over come this??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

the steam tanks are simple, you need some ushabti. they open thosse things up like tin cans. 4 will give you 12 autohits that wound on a 4+. the kingts are are a bit different but if you can get anything with some static res on the flanks there done for.
    5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Tell me what you want to include in your army, and I may help you with some tips Otherwise, check out the "Ask Nagash" thread, or the stickied threads in the forum (even though I would want my thread to become stickied for all helpfull questions and answers there )

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly prefer the shooting phase but i'm not sure how S3 bows are gonna do nething to those tanks, Ido like ushabtis but in my last list they were a little over budget
    Other than that I'm fairly open to whatever

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Two stanks, a dragon, and a ton of cavalry isn't a very friendly list...

Perhaps you might try a tomb king with the destroyer of eternities and cloak of the dunes, since you can't get ushabti. That will allow him to 20" charge a stank with four S7 attacks...and enemy characters would run scared, as well. Other than that, take units of 20-25 stock skellies and/or tomb guard and three lich priests. Being undead will keep you from breaking on the charge, the priests will heal the lost models, and after they charge, the knights will die or flee quickly. Don't forget that they fear you...so if they lose combat, bye bye...and with 3 ranks and them down to basic human stats after the charge...you'll win combat fairly quickly. Definitely take two screaming skull catapults. You'll be wounding knights on 3+ with no armor save, and with that many priests and the king around, you'll almost certainly fire four shots per turn, at least at first.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

You cannot charge as flying with the CotD. You'll need to charge in the Magic Phase, or else there will be trouble Vote for Magic Heavy, if you want to go for such a King.

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread