Librarium Online Forums banner
1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Palos 
#1 ·
Well my friend is a little bit of a powergamer, he brought tomb guard against my ogres however they don't work as ogres have 3 wounds not 2.

He says he will now buy a tomb giant and unsure how to beat it?

Any hints would be very useful.

#2 ·
The Bone Giant isn't generally considered the most effective unit. His armour save is pretty low and I believe his Unstopable Assault only works on a charge.

He is a large target, as such shooting is a bit easier against him.

Most people on here will say Bone Giants aren't the powergaming option, the catapult tends to be the deal breaker in TK armies.

#5 ·
The Bone Giant isn't generally considered the most effective unit. His armour save is pretty low and I believe his Unstopable Assault only works on a charge.
Well compared to the lack of a save the O&G Giant has, he is sitting pretty...

Tossing almost anything non-gnoblar in front of him should be pretty much a good bet. Or just set it up so that you can counter him with the tenderizer.

#3 ·
Neither Tomb Guard, or Bone Giants are powergaming options. Both are a little overcosted really. Its the Catapult you really want to watch out for, and Ushabti on the charge. These are the best weapons TKs have against Ogres, anything else tends to just bounce off. Don't worry about the Giant, just use some 'Belchers to bring it down, or swamp it in combat with a few Ogres.

#6 ·
Tomb guard are a powergaming unit? Really? What's that make Dickenhof Guard? And a bone giant is about the worst rare in the game. At least the worst rare in TK.

#9 ·
In my games I class Tomb Guard as almost essential rather than powergaming as their performance in the past (sometimes very lucky) has made my opponents wary of a big block of TG.

They know it's going to have Rakaph, they know it's going to have at least a Prince in there with something hitty and they know it'll be resurrected whenever I can.
Generally my opponents stay well clear of the Killing Blow block - but with only light armour and shield they do need bringing back quite often.

I love them :)

#12 ·
When I first started TK & fantasy, I picked up the Bone Giant thinking it looked pretty good. Killed 11 orcs on his first charge! WOw! Decided to grab another. Oh no. Luckily found a nice reaper model for less than half the price and twice the height. A real giant. Than reality/average rolling set in.
I'll 2nd/3rd/whatevers already been said. 2 catapults, even one, is much more to worry about than the BG. I've had it lose to goblins. The only time it was worth while was when it supported blocks of skellies, but for the extra killing power it lent, I'd rather take a scorpion or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.