Anticipating new release? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anticipating new release?

After reading something posted on warseer last week, it seems that TK are still possibly going to be released next, even possibly after 8th is released. As TK's are my favorite models, and seeing as I have one several proxy games with them, I've decided to start up TK's as a secondary army! But the problem is, I dont want to spend 80 bucks on tomb guard, when they might be redone to plastic models in the next few months. So I think I'll buy the batallion for now, and build up as the newer models are released. Any thoughts/questions/concerns?

Oh and here is the post, posed April 21, 2010.

"Stuff i've heard for the new tomb kings book:

Tomb king/prince: s5. new mounts - a giant carrion called a rock, a royal chariot (heavy chariot with bells), and a construct (skelebeast style thing). special curses available.
    Liche priest: new incantation rules. lesser priests can be taken in units. rip-style stuff.
    Icon bearer: a tomb guard hero, with a bsb that gives -1 to crumble within 12". gets a special incantation from his banner.
    Shawabti: construct hero. counts as lesser priest.

Skeleton warriors: come with bows. may have spears and shields for +1. light armour option. cheaper.
    Skeleton cavalry: come with bows, may swap to spears. fast cav, cheaper.
    Skeleton light chariots: core now.
    Tomb swarms: 3w, 3a undead swarms. 25pts, m5. can be given 10" flight and/or poison.
    Tomb guard: cheaper.

Tomb scorpion: new construct rules. new killing blow/poison rules. can be upgraded to count as a lesser priest.
    Ushabti: new construct rules. s5 with halberds, and other equipment/command options. cheaper.
    Carrion: cheaper. a big one called a rock.
    Heavy cavalry: same as core cav, with +1ws, light armour, shield, and spear. may swap shield and spear for flail. cheaper.
    Heavy chariot: proper chariot.
    Desert stalkers: skellies with two handweapons or bows, and poison. may scout or upgrade to icfb. robes.
    Godblooded: new elite (better than tg). greatweapons. bonuses based on chosen god - sun god acts like mark of nurgle. animal death masks.

Bone giant: new construct rules. +1ws. equipment options. cheaper. may count as a banner.
    Catapult: multiple ammunition types - burning skull, screaming skull, swarming skull, weeping skull.
    Casket: different "modes". boosts priest's incantations.
    The embalmed: mummies. no crumble. t5, regen, 2w.
    Tomb sphynx: desert spirit/construct. moves as ethereal. better stats than scorpion. may icfb when on the field. base-contact template sandstorm."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this all seems pretty interesting, if it's true, the options will be awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Oh and for my tomb guard, I used the models that came with the chariots for my tomb guard, because they have armor kind of like TG. Just swapped them with regular skeletons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Seems pretty interesting, but still no sensational news And the "Rock" should be "Roc", right? If not, it's not the same thing Hehe

I wouldn't buy TGs if I were you. Convert some skellies instead

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Sphynx? Ooh. If it's anything like it was in Warmaster that'll be something to look out for.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

+ Reply to Thread