Starting TK quick quest, - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting TK quick question,

This will be my first WHFB army and i am workin on an army list at the 750 level. The problem is it seems like its not possible to use both a lich priest and a tomb prince at this level because they are both heros and that would be more then 25% and if i use a tk i wouldnt have any pts left to buy him anything so what should i do?

Last edited by haroon; August 7th, 2010 at 03:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, TK are now caught in this void between 500-1000 points. At 500 or below, you can use the priest as the general, but above that you need 2 characters and that pretty much forces you to use a king until you get near 1000. I say "forces" as if that's a bad thing or something; the king is now the first guy in my army now....always. His two incantations that are always cast no matter what and must be dispelled with 2 dice in order to be reliably dispelled are awesome. Oh yeah, then there is his great stat line. So, back to topic....if you're stapled to the 750 pt level, then the king is the only viable choice. Just pass him a great weapon and put him in a unit of bowman; those 4 T5 wounds will be enough for his defense. He almost always strikes last anyways due to low initiative so the great weapon is now almost always my preferred weapon of choice for him; cheap and very effective. Pass the priest the collar and you're all set for characters.

Good luck!
    Last edited by JL177; August 12th, 2010 at 02:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Jl177 sais, plus:
    at 750pts, add 40 bowmans with full command, 2 Tomb Scorpion, and you will be happy with the results

+ Reply to Thread