Ogre skulls for the taking! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogre skulls for the taking!

Hi fellow kings, I'll be facing the Ogre Kingdoms soon for 2000 point game, and would like to hear from any that have experience against them.

My plan is to use Khalida and basically bowline them to death with poison attacks. I've seen firsthand how they smash face in close combat, and have no desire to engage them without whittling them down significantly. I plan to field the Queen, 2 LPs and a single TP. Maybe a 40 man poison archer block, SSCs, Scorpions and a unit of 2x2 Ushabtis. What do you think? Is Khalida worth taking? Or is a dual King combo better?

Last edited by Yamabushi; October 11th, 2010 at 05:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take Enkhils Kanopi, it will dispel all the ogers magic becuase it automatically dispells all reamains in play spells. and it's not a 1 time use thing.
    Also, i have tried the the khilida thing, does not work unless hes going horde style, at which point use khialda scepter on the horde and whitle him down that way.
    thier maneaters are immune to psych so don't waste your catapult shots on them, they won't have to make the panic test from the catapults
    Take the prince out and use casket of souls, mine got hella lucky in one oger game and took out his scrap luncher turn 1.

your biggest weakness is you virtually 0 chance to win combat. and ogers being monsterous infentry a 6 man unit can take out a lot, if it's fielded 3x2 and makes a successful bull rush, your looking at 3 D6 impact hits at str 5, +18 attackes, and at the very end 3 stomp attacks at auto hit Str4

The other options aside from the casket, is to take a Tomb king with a wizard hat, and drop khailida and get a tomb king with great weapon, armour of slivered steel, and golden ankura or whatever that thing is that gives us 4+ ward save.
    Make the king with the 4+ ward save your gen and toss the wizard hat king into the middle to start casting all kinds of crazy ass spells.
    Being oger kingdoms you have them beat on magic. if hes fielding any lead belchers i would shoot at those first. it's a deadly ranged attack thats best not allowed to go off.

Basically a dumb ogre general, who just chrages with just a minimal list with 0 upgrades will more then likely table you by turn 2, i would be surprised if you make it to turn 3. nothing aginst you, just, as tomb kings, we horriably dated and it showes. were fun to play, but it's a hard fought victory every time we win. If we win that is.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

40 bowmen is a bit on the light side for any kind of TK list...and it's pitiful for a Khalida list. If I took Khalida, I'd take three units of 30 bowmen!

Definitely take a TK with 2+/4++ save and a great weapon. Kill the enemy's leadbelchers first, then pop the king out in front of whatever unit he's been hiding in. Have him intercept the largest unit of bulls coming your way. Assuming it's a block of 3x2, he's going to take 2D6 impact hits (so, 7) at S5, (3.5 wounds, against which he gets a 3+/4++ save), then 12 attacks (6 hits, 3 wounds, 3+/4++ save), then 3 stomps (1 wound, 2+/4++ save)
    That's a ton of dice thrown at one model...but, statistically, he should save 6 of the 7.5 wounds. And with 4 attacks of his own that hit on 3s at S7, he'll cause at least one wound in return. If that back row is incomplete (c'mon, you can kill at least one ogre before they charge the King!), he'll tie them up forever, probably killin 2-3 models by the end of the game, while you heal him up every turn. After the first round of combat, he's not even facing the impact hits, so the chances of 4 unsaved wounds before you get another chance to heal him are none and noner. A Tomb King kitted out for a duel can hold up ANYTHING that doesn't have a decent rank bonus indefinitely, as long as he's not embedded in a unit. That same king inside a unit will die when the unit crumbles out...I find my kings work better solo when facing small, tough units.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Care for Gorgers! They can totally mess up your tactics if you do not prepare for their arrival. Set up a trap, that's my greatest advice against OK, for they are weak against losing their "triumph cards"

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the replies.

The Kanopi is a must, haha! My opponent prefers to horde Ironguts into a deathstar unit. Said unit will also contain his Tyrant, Bruiser BSB and maybe a Butcher or two. It'll be easy to tool up a survivor King and keep the main block locked down in challenges that should last the whole game, some intermittent healing now and then would keep the King going on indefinitely.

That said, I can scourge only 60 archers max from my collection, hence I was wondering if using Khalida is worth it :p

Nagash! Good to see you here again!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi View Post
    I can scourge only 60 archers max from my collection, hence I was wondering if using Khalida is worth it :p
    I'd say no... but it's marginal...she might be worth it for two blocks of 30 to be poisoned...but I'd probably want at least three such blocks before I took her.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Just to let you know, ogres only do 1 impact hit per model in contact, if they charge more than 6" and are in a unit of 3 or more models.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if sticking the Razer Standard into a unit of skellies with an Icon bearer would help, Poisoned arrows plus he gets -1 to his armor. That being said.. just smack him around with Khalida's MM. if she wounds that massive unit isn't moving and you can feel free to blot out the sun with conan inspired arrows of awesome!

+ Reply to Thread