Army Book Rumors? - Page 4 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDow View Post
    So after Grey knights (if GW continues like it has) we should then get a fantasy army?
    ...yeah...greenskins.

IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OnG are getting their in March. April Grey Knights and after that i have heard nothing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Oh...they're before GK, not after...that's right. I'm not sure that GW is going to maintain the current pace of a book a month though. I want TK to come out immediately after GK, but that's a lot to hope for. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see even one more book come out before the big deal summer release. Something that big has to have a dead space preceding it, if only to allow for mass production of the accompanying minis. I would expect them to need to print far more minis for something like that, since it covers multiple armies (therefore generating sales to a wider audience), than they would for a refreshed army book... more minis to print means more time to do it...a book (with accompanying minis) per month is a breakneck pace as it is...I just don't see them sustaining it, even if they didn't have to take extra time to prep for the summer.

I'd say that effectively kills either may-june, or june-july...if not may-july.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor i found sifting threw bugmansbrewery.com
    as always, take with a grain of salt.

The posters name was Gregaz Magnusson

"Recieved news on VERY GOOD authority (Chap has been right 90%)

Orcs+Goblins - March
    Grey Knights (40k) - April (Iam sure we know of these two!)
    Tomb Kings - May/ June
    Tau/ Necrons (40k) - Late summer August/ September
    Bretonnia - Winter release October/ November

Obviously the Tomb King one seems a definite, with reasoning that the new format and major gripes with 8th ed are to blame for the long delay in the first one being released (O&G).

In other news all future Codeces and Army Books will be released in hardback - Guaranteed with my own eyes!

Fingers crossed i dont have crossed wires!
    "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh if there is a god he will give us Tomb Kings as u say xD
    rumours are rumours and should be taken with a pinch of salt yes...but every one has a grain of truth in them ^^"
    Though i feel like Marnepup is right. Keeping up the pace GW has done is probably challenging to say the least. I think the lineup is true, just that maybe we are looking at TK around June/july and then everything else one month more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDow View Post
    oh if there is a god he will give us Tomb Kings as u say xD
    rumours are rumours and should be taken with a pinch of salt yes...but every one has a grain of truth in them ^^"
    Though i feel like Marnepup is right. Keeping up the pace GW has done is probably challenging to say the least. I think the lineup is true, just that maybe we are looking at TK around June/july and then everything else one month more.
    TOMB KINGS IN may woot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incoming: Tomb Kings | Games Workshop

Incoming: Tomb Kings
    — Article by Adam Troke

An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incoming: Tomb Kings | Games Workshop

From GW website!

— Article by Adam Troke

An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingSilly View Post
    Anyone heard anything recent about a new army book for TK? Our book is still from 2002.......last I heard was May 2010 but that obviously didnt happen......
    Surprise, it WILL! As everybody knows now, its happening nexy month! Rejoice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post, excuses. Foruming on Iphone's isnt yet all that wonderfull!
    Last edited by airjamy; February 14th, 2011 at 19:01.