Army Book Rumors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Book Rumors?

Anyone heard anything recent about a new army book for TK? Our book is still from 2002.......last I heard was May 2010 but that obviously didnt happen......

"I'll have a steak and donut sandwich"
    "Do you want cigarettes on that?"
    "What do I look like? A Mary? Of course I want cigarettes!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Last thing I heard was beginning of 2011, but that was still just wishful thinking
    That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW are keepint very tight lipped about release shcedules atm. all that is floating around is that the 3 books lined up for a re-release is going to be Tomb kings, Ogre Kingdoms and Orcs and Goblins... and you are probably looking at march 2011 for the first of any of these three.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Oeh i like rumours!
    Tight lipped might be a good expression for it, in a way. Here's some solid rumours summary

1. The armybook for O&G is apparently allready complete and awaiting production. The rumour for their release used to be that they were set for February, thats been moved to March now xD

2. I'm guessing Tomb Kings will be second, because there allready is much info about what will and will not be in that book, while i havent heard any rumours about ogres coming soon.

Soooo: Not before May 2011 will we see a new TK book. (so your previous rumourist was only 1 year off xD )
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

All this speculation reminds me of the only decent line in an otherwise horrid film:

Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him.
    To paraphrase, there will be a new army book, and it won't be next.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This fellow on Heresy, Too_hot_to_handle, posted this 2 weeks ago 11-17-2010

"so obviously we all know by now that the skaven 2nd wave will be hitting in jan. there are a bunch of other rumours circulating about that are close to the mark.
    feb will a 40k release and in case the "leaked" picture of the new flying marine vechile isn't enough of a hint its grey knights hitting the shelves in feb.
    March then sees a double release of 40k and fantasy.... with the new orc and goblin release, as i mentioned elsewhere, and the addition of the 2nd wave of dark eldar stuff as well. Its been a long time since gw did a double release like this, so will be interesting to see how its received. There is also the fact the de follow up is really clode behind the first.
    I'll be watching this quite closely as again it has not happened in a long time and if its sucessful we may see more of the same in the future. its certain something alot of the vocal community asks for, however the vocal community still may not be the guys that actually spend the money.

Dark eldar have been the best received release in regards to pre-releases overtaking the space wolves.

After that the schedule is a bit more fuzzy, but we have TK and Ogres as hot contenders after the orcs, and necrons for 40k following up after the Grey knights and de releases

anyway hope some of this is news to you guys"

And with the relese of orks and goblins we may infact see TK before or during the Summer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Hold your breath if you want to. Eventually, you'll lose consciousness and your autonomic nervous system will take control and start you breathing again...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Considering they are still releasing skaven models into january, and you can expect to see a 40K release between then and O&G, following normal trends i wouldnt expect to see TKs untill after summer if not a September Gamesday release. And that is if they dont release Ogres first.

Because TKs are meant to be getting a whole new load of core models to keep in flavour with skeletons for vc and all the "apparent" new units, GW might want to relase Ogres first as they would apear to be getting less new models and have a good core set of plastic models already. At least expected to be getting less new models than TKs. O&G are getting more of a rewrite than a remake aswell, even the box of 19 Orcs for £18 is staying, although new savage models in plastic should be on the way.

Yes i realy wouldnt expect TKs until late 2011 at the earliest. But as we have see with orcs you will likely have a 3 month window of notice before a release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*start wish-listing*
    Its about bloody time...... though I am only relatively new to playing TK (about a year now) having a shiny new book and pretty new skellies is a long time coming and if the rumours are true its going to be an awesome book.......
    *end wish-listing*

I suscribe to the same philosophy as Marnepup, until I see new pictures of an army book and figures on the GW website or in a White Dwarf, I will continue to accept the current "Way of things" and forge on. But when our "wish-listing" becomes reality, trust me, the 5 yr old inside of me will loose it's collective s***. Besides if it is a May 2011 realease, it will give me plenty of time to finsih off the 3000 odd points worth of IoB and 2nd wave minitures (in which I had to wait 2+ years for....) for my High Elves.....
    Warhammer Armies: High Elves, Tomb Kings, Daemons of Chaos
    Warhammer 40k Armies: Chaos Daemons
    Bloodbowl Teams: Mean Machine (Dwarves)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't wanna go the way of chaos Dwarves and Kisliv. Tomb Kings are the army I got into fantacy with and plan on keeping with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast