Bone Giant Next New Model? (note the ?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone Giant Next New Model? (note the ?)

Thats my question really what do you think?

Having read the new white dwarf cover to cover with all of the new tomb kings photos there wasn't one bone giant.

Is this a sign of a new model to come do you think? I also remember a hint at the fact new models were coming soon on top of the new ones, in the magazine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I doubt it, they didint include the Bone Giant because they were trying to play up the Neco/War Sphinxes. The current Bone Giant model, while not as impressive as the newset huge plastic monsters, is still effective and impressive enough to sell. I have not seen the new armybook yet but look at the model they use in there. If its the model we have now, don't expect a change anytime soon; If they show a new Bone Giant model then we may get it in a couple months or more. They did this with the Demon Prince in the Warriors of Chaos army book.
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no pictures of it in the army book either. Not in its unit entery or in the painting section. Strikes me strongly as there is a new model coming probably sooner rather than later specially after the rumor that all the gw metals are ment to be gone in 3 years. So a new model in at least 3 years! Hurrah!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Undivided View Post
    There are no pictures of it in the army book either. Not in its unit entery or in the painting section. Strikes me strongly as there is a new model coming probably sooner rather than later specially after the rumor that all the gw metals are ment to be gone in 3 years. So a new model in at least 3 years! Hurrah!
    I assume you mean huge multi piece models will be gone in 3 years, because they keep coming out with small pewter models all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded3k View Post
    I assume you mean huge multi piece models will be gone in 3 years, because they keep coming out with small pewter models all the time.
    According to the guy that was working in my local GW on monday, the cost of the metal that they're using is getting too expensive and they're looking to start using something else...what that else is i dont know.

Personally, i quite like the Bone Giant thats available...that being said i've only really been looking at Tomb Kings a few weeks so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded3k View Post
    Characters are becomig resin apparently which seems likely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bone giant is no longer a usable unit. The model however can be used as a Necrolith colossus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Dr. Jos considering outside of having different weapons options, the bone giant IS the Necrolith colossus, although i like the new name better, Colossus is just fitting, reminds me of that old PS2 game. Shadow of the Colossus.

@ Undivided Resin? that would be interesting, easier to work with than pewter.

@ Irabrai whether it's resin or whatever, all I hope it keeps the price the same for years to come. I think we ALL know prices won't come down, not sure I've ever seen a business do that. But the recent price increases over the last 5 years or so are making this game really hard to play, or even get into for some.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

The new models, shown in the armybook, are Ushabti with bows ( which are rumored to be plastic ) and the Scarab Prince ...

I still like the bone giant model, though.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Ugh...we need new LP models...it'd be great if we got separate models for each of the three available lores...and maybe a special model for the Grand Heiro!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast