bow men bunkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bow men bunkers

4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

33 (x2)

bow men bunkers

iv seen a few people saying that they use bow men as bunkers for there linch priests, which makes sense as you dont want them getting in to combat etc

however i was wondering how you deploy them:
    if you put them behind your main lines then you linch priests are protected but then the bowmen cant shoot
    if you put them infront of your main lines then they can shoot but thats pretty much a useless bunker

and if you put them on the flank then alot of the spells would be out of range

so was just wondering where you deploy them and how u use them

2. Remove Advertisements

28 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jgascoine011 View Post
    if you put them behind your main lines then you linch priests are protected but then the bowmen cant shoot
    That's what I do...if they're behind your lines, they can be smaller (15 models per), since they won't take as much punishement. As an added bonus, if the enemy does break through, he's weakened to the point where 15 shots is significant...and 15 bodies are decent protection against a charge. I guess swordsmen would be better, points-wise, but army-wide, I'm only spending 60 points to make them archers instead, and they're decent against small/fast flankers and warmachine they have some deterrent value even when they never fire a shot.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread