Tomb Kings Armory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings Armory

I was searching among the common magic items of the FB world and our own special items, but I can't find something fiting for the Tomb King. DoE is good, but you will have to sacrifice almost all your armour.Then again a Tomb King in a Tomb Guard 20-man group with Duellist Blades is quite OP I believe and I can't find anything with such a high WS to face it, plus you got more than enough points to add armour to your King or a Tech in the group too.
    My two ideas were actually either DoE, Dragonhelm and seed of rebirth or Armour of silvered steel, Duellist Blades and seed of rebirth. I don't know what would be more beneficial a King that overpowers your army or a King that is a one man army.
    So please comment folks and if someone has another suggestion of his own please type it down.

Last question: Does Doe and magic weapons in general ignore armour or ward saves?

"Men of Tanith, do you want to live forever?" Battlecry of the Tanith First and Only

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I was searching among the common magic items of the FB world and our own special items, but I can't find something fiting for the Tomb King. DoE is good, but you will have to sacrifice almost all your armour.Then again a Tomb King in a Tomb Guard 20-man group with Duellist Blades is quite OP I believe and I can't find anything with such a high WS to face it, plus you got more than enough points to add armour to your King or a Tech in the group too.
    My two ideas were actually either DoE, Dragonhelm and seed of rebirth or Armour of silvered steel, Duellist Blades and seed of rebirth. I don't know what would be more beneficial a King that overpowers your army or a King that is a one man army.
    So please comment folks and if someone has another suggestion of his own please type it down.
    In my opinion (and most certainly others as well) your general should be kitted out with the Armour of Destiny (5+, 4++). The 5+ armour save inst really going to do a lot with the Kings T5, due to any weapon that would consistently wound the TK would probably negate this armour save already, so the 4++ ward save is as handy as a Hierophant. As for a magic weapon....... to be honest I would just give him a mundane great weapon. He is already I3 and he will not be attacking too many models before they get a change to strike, so you might as well go down the S7 path (and its only 6 points...). If you must and have to take a magic weapon..... well there are several and will depend on what else you taking and possible foes..... but I would suggest either the Blade of Antarhak (regain lost wounds from wounds caused) or Sword of Anti Heroes (+1 Attack and Strength for every enemy in base contact), but in all seriousness a great weapon will usually suffice.

Last question: Does Doe and magic weapons in general ignore armour or ward saves?
    No, if a weapon would ignore any sort of save it will say so in their entry (ie the Obsidian blade in the BR. Any weapon that is Flaming will ignore and remove regeneration for that turn. Though keep in mind that magical weapons are the only things that can touch ethereal models.
    Warhammer Armies: High Elves, Tomb Kings, Daemons of Chaos
    Warhammer 40k Armies: Chaos Daemons
    Bloodbowl Teams: Mean Machine (Dwarves)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Destiny I have my doupts, since I can give him the talisman of preservation and an enchanted shield at the same cost and get better armour saves (I run my Hiero naked and try to put as many bodies as possible between him and the enemy) or only with the Talisman and so I save 5 points and can give the shield to a prince. I thought of the sword of Anti-heroes but I'not so sure I will be meeting so many on the field (unless champions count as heroes and I don't know it).
    Finally, yes DoE is overprised but you get sweep and HKB, but you are probably right that it is not worth it. But what about the Gold sigil sword (Initiative 10[ten]) or perhaps some sword that increase your attack number for sure (regardless the situation, I mean the number of enemy characters) and then comes the relic sword (it is a magic weapon, isn't it?) as a handy when you are facing a monster or something with really high toughness and it is also really cheap.

Oh and since the conversation brought as there, could someone tell me if the Tomb King gains the bonuses from the magic standard of the Tomb Guard (Specifically does he gains flaming attacks from the Banner of the Eternal Flame, armour piercing attacks from the Standard Blade and so on), plus all our characters (except our Liche priests) are Flammable. What does this rule mean for in game situations?
    Last edited by Stoneman; March 12th, 2012 at 17:58.
    "Men of Tanith, do you want to live forever?" Battlecry of the Tanith First and Only

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Fencer's blades is a horrible waste of points on a WS7 model. All it does is make WS4 models hit on 5s. A hundred other options, starting with the mundane great weapon, are better.

When you need it, DoE is amazing. The other 99% of the time, you're paying 70 points for a great weapon with NASL (nearly always strikes last) instead of ASL.

Look up the flamable USR in the BRB!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to use this thread for an extra question: what armour save does a character gain from the armour of destiny? 5+ or 6+? Guessing heavy armour better than light armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The model will get a 5+ armour save and a 4++ ward save

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow King
    The model will get a 5+ armour save and a 4++ ward save
    Enabler! I'd have told him where to look for the answer in the BRB...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mate, my mistake, thats why I get for skimming through posts on my phone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Enabler! I'd have told him where to look for the answer in the BRB...
    And the BRB is....? Sorry for my ignorance, but thats the cost of entering such a forum-community for the first time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

And the BRB is....?
    Big Rule Book or Big Red Book

The index and summary pages can help you out a lot when looking for answers to a lot of questions, especially when your questions concern things such as how to perform a combat reform, what armour save different items give or what rules skirmishers have.
    That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast