Destroyer of Eternities - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Destroyer of Eternities

Man this weapon looks sweet. Has anyone ever used it with success? It is so pricey but the Fluff and just the thought of the thing is freakishly cool.

Beheading two dragons at once, or rider and mount at once is just awesome lol.

Probably never works though!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only used it once, but it worked great. I challenged a unit of Dwarf long beards with a Lord in it. He decided to accept with his tooled-up Lord instead of his champion (he didn't know I had the Destroyer). I Heroic Killing Blowed his 300+ point Lord before he even had a chance to attack back...

That's the only time I've ever used it though, its just too expensive and I prefer defensive items to keep my kings/princes alive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Wow nice.

Let me ask, how did you get a chance to swing first? I3 on the king and all...

Yeah thats my fear, if someone knew I had it, they'd just avoid him and 80 points down the toilet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshBorn View Post
    Wow nice.

Let me ask, how did you get a chance to swing first? I3 on the king and all...

Yeah thats my fear, if someone knew I had it, they'd just avoid him and 80 points down the toilet...
    I don't remember exactly, I think he had a great weapon or something.

Just don't reveal that you have the Destroyer and they'll never know. If anything, you're gaining an advantage either way. If he's avoiding your King it means you can use that to your advantage by making him target a less desirable unit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Interesting. Hopefully the TK wouldn't be killed or something because he'd only have like 20 points left to spend on defense. I may try it one game with him in a chariot or something. I dunno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshBorn View Post
    Interesting. Hopefully the TK wouldn't be killed or something because he'd only have like 20 points left to spend on defense. I may try it one game with him in a chariot or something. I dunno
    Can only use the Destroyer of Eternities if he's on foot, no chariots allowed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Ah yep youre right. That really hurts its usefulness then.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Not only does the DoE not leave much for defense, but it begs to be paired with other tricksters, leaving you standing there looking like Conan: half-naked. In terms of raw killiness, it's not even as good as KF's hammer, yet KF gets a massive save. Hell, it's really not much better than a runefang, and you can put that on a mounted lord in full plate (also with other tricksters) for cheaper than a TK with DoE. It's WAY overcosted, but they're forced to do it that way to prevent you from taking certain combinations.

Overall, I'd rather just take a GW...on a prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about pairing the TK with the destroyer up with a combat built herald to absorb a couple extra wounds? Bunkering these two in a unit of 38 skeletons clocks in at ~500 pts. Certainly a decent chunk, but not too bad considering that this is a unit that can absorb a decent amount of hurt while the king hacks down just about anything in his path. Cast cursed blades, smiting or dessication and things could get pretty ugly. Maybe not the most competitive build, but seems like it could be fun to try. It also seems pretty lame that less that so few TK armies are lead by a tomb king...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jsschurman View Post
    It also seems pretty lame that less that so few TK armies are lead by a tomb king...
    100% Agreed.

Once I started makin TK lists and started realizing how more and more the TK actually has no place when compared to a prince, I got a little more sad each time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast