Settra - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Settra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your thoughts on Settra? Points sink? Ultimate general? I personally think taht the ability to cast "My will be done" on every chariot and tomb guard unit on the table makes him un-paralelled. Also, he may be expensive, but when you combine the points of a high liche priest and a fully kitted out tomb king (which he is and more) then you don't pay much extra.

What are your thoughts?

Death is my meat, terror my wine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Demonbane@Mar 6 2005, 07:19
    What are your thoughts on Settra? Points sink? Ultimate general? I personally think taht the ability to cast "My will be done" on every chariot and tomb guard unit on the table makes him un-paralelled. Also, he may be expensive, but when you combine the points of a high liche priest and a fully kitted out tomb king (which he is and more) then you don't pay much extra.

What are your thoughts?
    [snapback]345283[/snapback]
    He's probably the single best choice in the TK list imo if you use chariots and tomb guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

I think that Settra is a great Lord choice for TK armies, but saying that I'd still not include him until 2.5k to 3k army lists. He's a great fighter and but you do have to protect him doubly as well as he's the heirphant for the army too (a nice big block of chariots are a big help here&#33.

All told though, I'd rather have Queen Khalida at 2k or 2.5k levels.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Grimbog Elf Ater@Mar 8 2005, 028
    I think that Settra is a great Lord choice for TK armies, but saying that I'd still not include him until 2.5k to 3k army lists. He's a great fighter and but you do have to protect him doubly as well as he's the heirphant for the army too (a nice big block of chariots are a big help here&#33.

All told though, I'd rather have Queen Khalida at 2k or 2.5k levels.
    [snapback]346678[/snapback]
    Can't take him under 3000 anyway since he counts as two Lords

He's certainly a double-edged sword because you can't then have any Priests at all. You'll get all the Smite and Urgency you want (for the specified unit types, anyway) but very little in the way of healing. Still, with the two 3d6 LHP-style incantations you'll get some of that, too. I'd say that at 3.000 for a TG/Cav/Chariot heavy army he's great. But because of the Priest ban, he gets progressively worse as the size of games goes up. Eventually you'll start missing your Summoning incantations, not to mention dispel dice!
    http://gallery.blackfang.net/ - pictures, fluff, battle reports and modelling articles for Thousand Sons, Tomb kings and more! Updated 29th March 2005.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes great at 3k and maybe 3.5k but them he starts becoming bad

cuasw thats when other armys have up to 4/5/6 mages then you get dominated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

settra, like all charectars, is too many points for his abilities. a nice unit of chaos knights will take im down, expecially if they charge, the charge is always a chariots advantage and it sucks wo/ impact hits.
    The blood of the many outweigh the blood of the few.

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

the chaos knights wont charge though. he casts 2 3d6 incantations. use one of them on himself to charge. d6+1 strength 5 impact hits, plus his abiltiy to make opposing units ws 1. chaos knights will definetly NOT take him down, and he strikes 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

settra's good, and if you read carefully, he gets 1 dice for EACH unit, so i wouldn't doubt his magic abilities against large numbers of dispel dice. The main downside is the restrictive army list, making the only viable option for him a fast moving army, which isn't suitable for everyone's likning, even though it is to me. And even chaos knights have trouble geting through 4+ armor and ward save. It means 1 in 4 successful wounds wont be saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt that 1 in two?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also his curse and the normal curse can help too.

+ Reply to Thread