Settra Based 3000pt Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. here goes. You may have read my 2000pt 'hammer and anvil' post. The tactics with this army are exactly the same. Settra and his chariots charge up the left flank at 16" per turn, while the tomb guard and ushabti march up the centre and scare people. The catapult fires from the left, augemted by Settra when in range, and on the right, my two skeleton horse units (which don't forget will get 2 attacks each. Same goes for tomb guard) hold the flank (maybe charging into the centre with my chariots if the right time arises). Meanwhile, as the enemy (whoever they may be) run like mad from four chariot units and Settra, the carrion catch and destroy them if the chariots fail to (do remind me whether this is only for 40k. If yes, suggest other use of Carrion/points). Alternatively, they could attack war machines/block march moves, generally making a nuisance of themselves. Comments please.

Settra the Imperishable

4 Skeleton Chariots

5 Skeleton Chariots
    Standard

5 Skeleton Chariots
    Standard

5 Skeleton Chariots
    Standard

12 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen
    Standard

12 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen
    Standard

24 Tomb Guard
    Standard

24 Tomb Guard
    Standard

4 Carrion

4 Carrion

4 Ushabti

1 Screaming Skull Catapult

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 2

Models in Army: 108

Total Army Cost: 2999

Death is my meat, terror my wine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the first place, i think settra is too expensive for his abililties, sure the Will Be Done that affects all chariots, heavy horsemen, and tomb guard is nice, but the sacrifice of the points towards mediocre tomb guard along with no liche priest is too high.
    The blood of the many outweigh the blood of the few.

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by moses73@Mar 8 2005, 19:43
    In the first place, i think settra is too expensive for his abililties, sure the Will Be Done that affects all chariots, heavy horsemen, and tomb guard is nice, but the sacrifice of the points towards mediocre tomb guard along with no liche priest is too high.
    [snapback]347508[/snapback]
    I think Settra is good were he is. All my friends use the model in there armies other than that I think your army is a alright list. Are you sure you need that many chariots? Or do you prefer a fast army? Your tactics suit your army well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how are you going to enable all the magic spells youre army is going to need to move that quickly and fight twice a turn if you only have one magic user, even one as powerful as settra the combine harvester. as for settra being over priced, the guy has two 50% chances to shrug off any attack, at WORST. on top of that he is fast, hardhitting, a magic user/general combo and augments the whole army. doesnt really seem so overpriced to me ehh
    Maireann croÃ* éadrom i bhfad - A light heart lives longest

+ Reply to Thread