Cheesy Tomb Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Cheesy Tomb Prince

    I played a 1000 point game during the week against an Ork force and despite the fact that I lost (he had seven dispel dice on the table and I just couldn't get my magic off), the game was marred by my opponent's constant huffing and puffing over how unfair everything was. He was clearly unhappy about anything that went wrong for him (such as my use of a brooch of the desert for goodness sake) and nearly lost his lunch when he killed my tomb prince and he had to roll for the curse. He was clearly unhappy even after he passed his leadership test!

    So here's my cheesy tomb prince:

    Tomb Prince (Great Weapon, Golden Ankhra)

    AR

    PS. Do you think he'd object to my 1000 point ultra-cheese Skaven list:

    ***Please posts lists in the army lists section.*** - Grimbog


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    london
    Age
    27
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    8 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Ridiculous
    I played a 1000 point game during the week against an Ork force and despite the fact that I lost (he had seven dispel dice on the table and I just couldn't get my magic off), the game was marred by my opponent's constant huffing and puffing over how unfair everything was. He was clearly unhappy about anything that went wrong for him (such as my use of a brooch of the desert for goodness sake) and nearly lost his lunch when he killed my tomb prince and he had to roll for the curse. He was clearly unhappy even after he passed his leadership test!

    So here's my cheesy tomb prince:

    Tomb Prince (Great Weapon, Golden Ankhra)

    AR

    PS. Do you think he'd object to my 1000 point ultra-cheese Skaven list:

    Heroes

    1 Warlock Engineer (Warp Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll) - 135
    1 Warlock Engineer (Warp Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll) - 135
    1 Assassin (Bands of Power) - 130

    Core

    25 Clanrats (Ratling Gun, Musician, Standard Bearer) - 200
    25 Clanrats (Ratling Gun, Musician, Standard Bearer) - 200
    25 Clanrat Slaves - 50
    25 Clanrat Slaves - 50

    Rare

    1 Warp-Lightning Cannon - 100

    Total: 1000

    yeah id say he would, u cant have 2 of the same magic items (im asumin storm deamon is a magic item)
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by grimgor137
    u cant have 2 of the same magic items (im asumin storm deamon is a magic item)
    Bugger! Quite right.

    I'd better strip that out then.

    AR

  5. #4
    LO Zealot Grimbog Elf Ater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

    Heroes

    1 Warlock Engineer (Warp Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll) - 135
    1 Warlock Engineer (Warp Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Supercharged Warp-Power Accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll) - 135
    1 Assassin (Bands of Power) - 130

    Core

    25 Clanrats (Ratling Gun, Musician, Standard Bearer) - 200
    25 Clanrats (Ratling Gun, Musician, Standard Bearer) - 200
    25 Clanrat Slaves - 50
    25 Clanrat Slaves - 50

    Rare

    1 Warp-Lightning Cannon - 100
    Why is this not in the army lists section? The list is entirely in the incorrect forum, so if you want more feedback on your skaven list, please post it in the army lists section. I understand that you are making a point in 'cheesiness', but really the skaven list has no place in this forum.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

    Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MELBOURNE!!!!
    Age
    34
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    13 (x1)

    Some people, unfortunately, are just like that. The snob elf player I come up against whinges and carries on like a little girl when something doesn't go his way, so I ben and let him get away with all sorts of things, like moving a unit he "forgot" about earlier after his magic phase, simply because I can't stand listening to him sooking. Then when it's my turn every special ability, every spell, every little trick you use to get the upper hand, he cries foul about, i'm forever being dubbed a cheater and we waste time going over the rules again. To make things worse, he's a clipper. I hate clippers.

    Yet I still beat him, last game my chaos boys finished him off half way through turn 2 - about 7/8ths of his army fled off the field. I refuse to play as TK against him now because he sooks about my magic so much. I find there is nothing you can do against these sorts of people, just be happy that they will never win in tourneys due to a lack of sportsmanship. If they aren't interested in playing for fun we should still enjoy the games.
    Sounds fairly cut and dry to me.

    There shall come a time,
    When one who has the heart of a Kilrathi,
    but is not Kilrathi born,
    Shall rain cleansing fire down upon us,
    and Kn'Thrak, a time of great darkness
    Shall embrace us.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbog Elf Ater
    Why is this not in the army lists section? The list is entirely in the incorrect forum, so if you want more feedback on your skaven list, please post it in the army lists section. I understand that you are making a point in 'cheesiness', but really the skaven list has no place in this forum.
    Because it's not an army list post; it's a cheese post. The point I was making was that cheese was being called on a unit (the tomb prince) that I was required to take. I was contrasting that against a deliberately cheesy list that I made up on the spur of the moment to illustrate my point. I'd never field such a list so I'm not interested in feedback on it (though I am interested in having rule violations pointed out - thanks grimgor137). I didn't write a tomb kings list to illustrate my point because by my opponents definition, ALL tomb kings list are cheesy.

    AR
    Last edited by Adeptus Ridiculous; April 17th, 2005 at 11:28.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    3 (x1)

    Yay! Cheedar cheese! No, tk lists arent cheesy. We have worse leadership than skaven in most cases, and a grey seer on one of those bell things has ld7! The best in their whole army!

  9. #8
    I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

    your prince wasnt cheesey in anyway i can see. you pay for the extra wound by paying a lot for a heroe.
    as well as the flammable drawback

  10. #9
    LO Zealot
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Essex
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

    I am ashamed as an orc player :p The tomb kings are one of the most difficult armies to play with as they are very subtle in their strengths. He is calling cheese because he doesn't like something about your rules, however if he destroys an entire unit of chariots with fanatics that would be great tactics. I can't stand playing against whiney ass babies like that :mad:

    Any orc player should be happy with the fact they had a great fight and not sulk about it
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

  11. #10
    LO Zealot Grimbog Elf Ater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Ridiculous
    Because it's not an army list post; it's a cheese post. The point I was making was that cheese was being called on a unit (the tomb prince) that I was required to take. I was contrasting that against a deliberately cheesy list that I made up on the spur of the moment to illustrate my point. I'd never field such a list so I'm not interested in feedback on it (though I am interested in having rule violations pointed out - thanks grimgor137). I didn't write a tomb kings list to illustrate my point because by my opponents definition, ALL tomb kings list are cheesy.

    AR
    I understand your point, however, what I'm trying to communicate is that there's a list in your post and it doesn't belong here (people were commenting on the list rather than your prince). As your post is now, people still understand what your character was equipped with and the we can get back on topic with regards to the character and getting feedback on whether it's 'cheesy' or not, and indeed if people consider the whole TK list cheesy.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

    Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts