Liche Priest mounted or no? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liche Priest mounted or no?

Hello! Just started my new Tomb Kings army ,have been playing a Dwarf Slayer army , I just love the idea of having a hundred skeletal archers with poisoness arrows heh. So for now I just have one question should I take a Liche Priest on a mount or just give him the cloak of the dunes? I don't really want to paint an extra model if I don't have to. Thank you all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I give my hierophant cloak of the dunes, and I give my non-casket-of-souls priests steeds.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me specify, this is in like a 500-1000 point game so i'll problably only have 1 liche priest. I just am wondering if I should spend 25 points or 8 points extra. I'm prolly gonna go with the Cloak but just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Oh! That small. Well then, I wouldn't do either. I would just leave the priest on foot. You shouldn't need to move very much in games that size and the TK heroes cost so much and you need 2 of them, so I try to keep them as cheap as possible, at those size games. Give the priest a hieratic jar though.
    Also, just so you know the cloak is only 20 pts, not 25.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to take Preists mounted, as skeleton horsemen are too fragile to guard a preist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right on guess I need to read my army book closer hehehe....

Well, all i have bought so far is a Queen model a blister f liche priests, and 1 carrion. Like I said I play Slayers, but am really liken the tomb kings tryin to take it slow and paint them as nice as I can. I got a friend of mine into warhammer and he is playing Vampires so I thought hey perfect time to start a new army. Thank you all this site rocks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cloak of the dunes and heiratic jar every time for the heirophant, it has saved him countless times for me Other lich priests i just take on foot, i have just never tried them out mounted.
    also in 1500 2 priests makes your army work rather than doing not much with one priest...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

in small games i prefer heiratic jar and collar of shapesh as all you need to do is keep the lich near a unit of skellies.

by the sound of your army plan (loads of poisoned arrows) you'll need 2000pts to include the queen. and by the sound of what you've got so far, you're in for a lot of drybrushing.

ah well, liche priests on horses tend to die alot, when facing shooty armies, s'why i've converted mine to be on foot...

+ Reply to Thread