Are Tomb Kings/ Khemri A Good Whf Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of starting them for a WHF army. Could some one give me a rough outline of the following things.

Strengths?
    Weaknesses?
    Any good special rules or good special units?

Remember, I'm not asking for details, just a rough portrait of what sort of army they are.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Tomb Kings strengths are:

There's lots of them, always take big units of Skele's
    They cause fear - everything does (and a few cause terror)
    Immune to Psychology
    Can have chariots as core, combine this with skele horsemen = fast army
    Constructs - Ushabti, Bone Giants, Tomb Scropions. These are all very tough and hard to move.
    Magic some cool spells, all are bound spells so they're auto cast. Spells allow you to heal units/character, move units/characters, charge units/charcters and attack/ shoot in magic phase.
    They can't be broken, so if in combat the units won't move until it's destroyed or enemy is.
    Tomb King is tough, and has a cool curse (if killed unit/charcter is attacked)
    Tomb Guard all have killing Blow, auto with any weapon

Weaknesses:

Can't march, so infantry will be moving 4" a turn (slow)
    If loses combat unit loses extra wounds = to CR diference
    If hierophant (one who raises army) is killed army starts to crumble
    Can only hold to charges
    Dead, so not that good in combat
    Low armour save
    Fear/Terror useless vrs unbreakable/immune to psyc units
    Can easily be flanked by fast moving units/ cav armies
    Make easy target for warmachines

Good Rules/Units:

Ushabti are tough and hard to move - always lose 1 less wound as if in 12" of BSB even if there's not one.
    Bone Giants - for each wound caused gets another attack (keeps going unitl fails to wound)
    Tomb Scorpion - Killing Blow, Poisoned Attacks, can appear anywhere on board.

Anyways thats all I can think of at moment, but if I can help anymore just give us a shout, and I'll appear. Hope I'ved helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the casket of souls for?

Also how powerful is the screaming skull catapult and does it have special features
    (again just a rough guide)

Also if they are not fast, or good in HtH conbat, and not great in ranged combat, What are they good at except for not running away and making the other army run away?

This may sound harsh but I just want to check if they are a good team.

Also my main opponent would probably be hordes of chaos. Are these a good army to battle them. If not, who is?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The castket of souls is an war machine/magic item it cast a spell that forces all enemy units that can see it (line of sight) to take a LD test, if failed unit takes wounds.

Screaming Skull Catapult is basically a stone thrower but instead of sones it throws..? Skulls!! But the skulls are magical (so can wound etheral creatures), and are on fire (so flaming attacks aswell). It can be upgraded to fire skulls of your opponents this makes any unit that takes a casulty -1LD to panic test (they take a panic test anyway).

Ok they're not fat or good in combat but they can get more chances to do all these things, via magic. The incantaions allow you to do these things in the magic phase, you can fight or shoot, move or charge all in this phase. Now this is their strength, this can seriously screw up your opponents plan. And will allow you to get closer to the enemy (it's like marching - move in movement phase, move in magic phase. Double move - marching). Also you could set a trap by getting a unit in charge range but you can't charge, and he can. Or so he thinks, magic phase; magic the unit into charging him, then use magic to make them fight hopefully reducing rank bonus giving you better chance of braking them new turn.

Any army is good to fight any other, it's just the way you use them. Tomb Kings vrs Chaos would make a good fight, he has no missile you have some so it's no warmachines taking chunks out of your battle line. But you can make a fast force use skele horsemen, use a big unit of skeles/Tomb Guard to hold up his chosen warriors/knights and flank him with horsemen and/or chariots.

BTW archers don't have any modifiers for shooting so -1 at long range, but no bonuses either so they always hit on a 5+. They can also move and fire without penalty.

Closed Thread