Tomb King or Lizzys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb King or Lizzys

Hi, Im thinking of playing warhammer fantasy, Ive never really played it, I played a few skirmishes and watched a few games, I bought a orc and goblin army that I started to paint a hawaiian theme I modeled all grass skirts on the night goblins and was planning on a bunch of other stuff but This became so time consuming and I got bored real fast and sold the army. But Now Im thinking about actualy playing the game, Id like to paint a real nice army too, but I cant decide which one to play. The tomb kings look real fun, They seem to have lots of power with the chariots and some decent magic, and the models look real cool. Lizardmen was the other army I was thinking of, They look pretty interesting, and It seems like they have some of the best magic in the game. Im looking for an army that wont require 100 night goblins to paint.... Id rather put lots of time into alot less models and still have a good army. Also I dont know much about the game mechanics cause I havent seen or played it for a while so Im not really sure what play style I would like. I want to be abled to have fun playing with my army. The beastmen and vampire counts also looked kinda interesting. Can any one give me some advice and tips?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi dude and welcome to the game.

My advice would be to go with Lizardmen if this is for your first army. The Tomb Kings are great, but they are a subtle army that can be difficult to master if you are new to the game.

You can put together a reasonable list without too many models, unless you go with a lot of skinks. There also is a lot of variety to paint, with Kroxigors, Salamanders, Stegadons, Terradons and Saurus Cavalry each presenting a different challenge. With the Tomb Kings, you may find yourself bored with Bleached Bone rather quickly.

Good luck with your decision and happy gaming.
    W/L/D
    Dwarfs 20/12/4
    Skaven 8/6/3
    Lizardmen 5/4/2
    Chaos 6/4/0
    Empire 3/1/1
    Wood Elves 2/0/1
    Bretonnians 0/2/1
    Orcs & Goblins 0/1/0
    Next Army - Tomb Kings

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Hey there,

My friend and I are also new to the game having only been playing for about six months. Interestingly i chose to be lizardmen and he chose to be the forces of khemri. When it came to playing each other though, it always seemed that the lizardmen would beat the tomb kings, even when we used to play as each other's armies.

It would seem that although the tomb kings are a devastating army, they have a lot of drawbacks such as the heirophant rule, undead not marching etc, that can be very unforgiving to an inexperienced player.

Lizzies on the other hand, have no such drawbacks. Whist being a little on the pricey side pointswise, they are pretty resolute, and the cold blooded rule means they will not be running away any time soon. If u make a mistake (which i tend to do quite a lot!) then the army wont punish you too much for it.

Of course both armies are equally as potent when played correctly, but I would probably be swayed in favour of the lizardmen, i am of coursed biased

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread