In need of some helpful advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

In need of some helpful advice

Hey guys this is my first post on the forums but, i have been reading the forums for quite some time now.

I am an old school Fantasy player, I have ran Bret and Mortal Chaos armys for like 7 years now. About a year or so ago i built up a very strong dwarf force. Which I retired last month undefeated with over 40 wins under its belt. I have sold my dwarfs and now I have my interests honed in on Tomb Kings. I have been reading the forums about them and I have read there Army book through and through. I have accuired some models already and have assembled them. I am looking for advice as to what i should look into getting next and why they would be useful.

I have in my possesion already:
    3 units of 10 archers
    1 unit of 3 chariots
    1 Bone Giant (probably wont use him, not very impressed with his stats but i got the model for under 10 bucks and i wanted to paint him =D)
    1 unit of 3 ushabti
    Khalida the poison chick
    like 4 Priests, one is mounted
    1 King

Now assides from more core skelies to build my hw/shield block, what should i look into getting next. I was thinking a SSC or 2 since my gang of players like bigger games

My opponant armies consist of LM/Emp/O&G/Ogre Kingdom/Beasts of Chaos(Mino Strong) and Dark Elves

Any advice would be helpful. I am trying to stray away from my shootie Dwarf mentality as of late but i like the blackened sky full of arrows tactic =D

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Definitely some scorpions, they are fantastic. Perhaps more chariots, I really like using lots of chariot units with TK.

I guess it depends on what style of army you want to play with. Just don't get heavy/light horsemen or Tomb Guard and you'll be right.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Son of LO
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Tomb scorpions are great but they can be a little hit and miss.

But yes i agree with getting more chariots - its all about how you use the chariots!

Also, ushabti work great in squads of 6, so maybe getting some more of those might be of use.

Also, i would strongly recommend taking a squad of 10 carrion if you can. They are similar to fell bats only tougher. 10 flying guys with two wounds and toughness 4 = annoying!

A screaming skulls catapult is also an excellent choice too, especially when used in conjunction with the incantations. Also anything that causes your opponent to take panic tests is worth a look in my book.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread