looking for suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for suggestions

I will be playing a 2v2 pitched battle this saturday, 2k points for each army not each side. The thing i advice on being a fairly new player still is we dont know who our ally is going to be until we roll for it. Which will be after our army lists are made, which will help keeping the game more fair =D. the 4 armies will be my Tomb Kings/ Empire/ Lizzies/ Dark Elves

Now if i knew who was going to be my partner in battle I would just build a supporting army. But now that we dont know i am lost. I know that emp and Dark Elves will be pretty shooty so i have a choice of going shooty as well so our team dominates the shooting phase with prejudice. Or maybe i should do hard core blocks of troops and ushabti and giant and chariots while have the small units of shooting weaken the lines i slam into. But if I get lizzies on my side if i took a heavy magic list we would just totally dominate that phase. So I am torn, if we were playing a certain scenario Id have a better idea as well, but I need some advice on which way to sway guys. Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

If you don't know what to do, then build to your strengths. Take some good, solid troops (ex: Ushabti), and some decent shooting. I'd definately make a mix of shooting and assault units, though considering your allies it may be good to lean more towards the assault. I don't think TK are capable of outshooting either DE or Empire, and if both end up on the same team then you could be in trouble.

Some fast units are definately a must because your guarenteed to go up against either DE or Empire and its better to get stuck in fast with the shooty units then get shot to death. Chariots are good for this (though beware of cannons...), and so are Carrion and Scorps.

You know, if you've seen some of these players play and know their style and maybe mention how you tend to play it could help a lot.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm well the guy that fields empire never fails. He takes a volley gun 2 cannons and 1-2 mortars every game backed by handgunners detatchments off his halberders. He has 1-2 wizards running around usually. Some times he takes a steamtank with the howda platform.

The lizzie player always does like 1 16 strong block of sauras, one 3man strong team of kroxies
    and as many skinks u can imagine, he takes a stegie and a single salamander and then fills in points by taking a slann and a skink priest or 2.

Now the Dark Elf player is new to that army of his (usually runs O&G or Ogre Kingdoms) but I would say for certain he will be taking twin bolt throwers, a block of 16 xbowmen, a rather large unit of corsairs and some warriors/executioners. He bougth some cold one knights the other day, so he may use them. Thankfully he thinks dark riders are garbage :w00t: So I wont have to worrie about them being fielded messing up flanks.

Hope that helps you guys help me in making my decision.... wait that got confusing there :tongue:

+ Reply to Thread