Tips for fresh TK army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Tips for fresh TK army

I am just about to start a Tomb Kings army as a reserve for my Dark Elf one, and could you tell me what would be good to buy with a £20-£50 budget? I was thinking a Lord/Hero of some sort (what would be a good one?) a regiment box (four to eight archers, eight to twelve spearmen) a cavalry unit, and one of those little boxes with three warriors. Is this a good choice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Chariots are better than cavalry, the TK cavalry are pretty bad.

You need 2 heroes in a TK army, a prince/king to be general, and a liche to be heirophant. Something interesting like a scorpion, some chariots, Ushabti, carrion or whatever, then skeletons as core and you'll have a basic small army. From there it depends on what style you want to play.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    Chariots are better than cavalry, the TK cavalry are pretty bad.
    I'll second that!

Unfortunately given the prices these days even a £50 budget is unlikely to stretch very far

I'd say get your two characters like strewart said, then a couple maybe even three boxes of skeletons (some as regular troops others as archers) would be a good start. Then grab some chariots (you could take one with a character in) and then...oh damn this is already way over, curse you GW!

Ciao

Stonehambey

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Yup, prices are really high: if you take a look on the GW online store, the empire regiments are cheapest, and they're £15 (or $30, or somehing).
    ___________________________________________________________________________ ____________
    Kill a man, feel the guilt. Kill ten men, feel the thrill. kill one thousand men, feel the power.

+ Reply to Thread