Tomb Kings Icon Bearer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings Icon Bearer

Hello, I was wondering if anyone uses an Icon Bearer in their TK army? I have the figures, but have never wanted to give up the precious hero slots to try one. What sort of army would they work best against?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

They mainly work if you want to take that banner that allows you to bring a unit up anywhere on the field. This could be done against any army.

IMO though, they aren't worth it and its too many points to bother with bringing a small unit up somewhere. Its much better to have a prince or priest, then you get more incantations.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never used one. Thought about using one with the Icon of Rakaph in a large archer unit. Start off in one rank then reform into 4 ranks for melee, but never tried it, not sure it would work.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered using that banner that brings a unit out of the ground, but have decided that scorpions and swarms can do the same thing for a lot less points. Thinking about the icon bearer has made me realise how very important the max. heroes number is in a TK army. All those slots have to be filled to make the army effective.:yes:

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think the Icon bearer must be one of the least used characters in the game, and it's easy to see why.

With liche priests and tomb priests availabe i think it has to be one of those two when it comes down to hero choices.

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread