Campaign In January-Need Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campaign In January-Need Help

Hi everyone, Well here in canada there is a campaign called battle of da bosses starting feb. I decided to with tomb kings, because there is usually a low models count which means less painting =P ( not going with ogres, for low modle count ). and the cool models such as the bone giant and the lich priest and etc. So nay tips on starting? i would want to have a winning army =P, but i know how to start off i believe : Get a codex, lich priest, tomb prince and 2 boxes of skeleton warriors. is that right?

Well anyways expert's i need your expertise! =P

Thanks

Trooper Outt""

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Sounds like a good start. Although instead of getting "a codex" you may want to consider the TK army book

Heh, I crack myself up.

How many points are you looking to make?

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha my mistake, this is my 1st Warhammer army ( ahhrgg to much 40k =P ) about 500-1000. Well a winninng army =P, want to slap my friends wood elves, gobbos and his dwarves faces with some skeletor goodness =P. well what do you suggest? from the lsit i see, the most succesful ( well the ones i see to my liking ) are the ones where one lich is mounted, one is on foot and the prince is on a chariot, troops have bows, and yhave the special and rare units do the fighting.

Any ways thanks bud.

Hope i get more tips ( hint hint )

Trooper Outt""

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

are the ones where one lich is mounted, one is on foot and the prince is on a chariot,
    I think this is probably too many characters at such a low points level. Khemri already have enough trouble as they need a general and a hierophant >.<

I'm not too familiar with low points games, so maybe others will be able to help you better =)

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man, which points are you comfortable with? it seems that the ponits dotn matter at the campaign, its just an excuse to play. so ill keep to 1 lich and 1 TP on foot, 2 regiments of skelton archers, and omsething cc to go with my TP...

Thanks anyways though, no one else seems to want to help =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are going to be hard pressed to find any sucess with a 1000 pt list, 500 you might as well forget it unless they are using warbands rules. 2000 pts you will do alright, 3000 is where the TKs rock. TKs is my main army, I love them and will be happy to help you anyway I can.
    "...and we shall pave our path to the gods with the Skulls of our fallen foes."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thank you for showing intrest in helping me =D. I appreciate it. Ok so i have a box of warriors heading to my house just got it of ebay fresh like 10 mins ago. And i have a prince, priest and a scorpion. So i guess im going to have a 100 point list. so i dotn know the points ( I have to get my "army book" ). ok here:

Prince
    Priest
    2 blocks of 10 archers ( one of them with lich )
    3x carrion
    scorpion
    Tomb guard ( with prince )

Sounds good? Just want to know before i get my other stuff.

Dont worry im getting my codex =D.

Thanks Guys

Trooper Outt""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in 1000 pts count 1/3 of your points for characters.
    - I would hold off on Tomb Guard and take regular troops with lt arm and shield with the prince. I like a nice big unit giving the crook and flail the the prince.
    - Scorpion and carrion might be over kill, I would get rid of the carrion keep the scorpion maybe take another scorpion.
    - Think about a screaming skull catupult. If you are good with artillery you can panic troops from afar and screw up your opponents plan, plus you can pull of a refire with the liche and blast 2 units in the same turn.
    - Don't put your liche in a unit, just keep him close or behind another one. With only 1 liche that is only 1 spell a turn so you probably won't be using the magic missle and therefore don't really need line of sight to thge enemy.

I would have to say that the scorpions and the screaming skull catupult are the best troop choices in the army list, the scorpion is arguably the best monster in the game!

These are all just general TKs tips. What style of play are you wanting to run. Ranged? Hand to Hand? Magic? There are specific things you can do for each. GIve me some more idea of your strategy focus and I can tell you what has worked for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, i know that cc is good ( most armies oi play are cc ) but ill use the TK's advantage with me, since skeleies with bows can move and shott i can move back while the enemy marches and shoot them while that happens i can flank with carrion / scorpion ( but ill use scorp for now ). So i would like to stray shooty and magiicy for now... until i could use some tomb guard or other units. So so far i wouldnt like any CC besides the scorpion's. So what i'm getting is tomb prince, liche, 2 blocks of 10 archers, scorpions, catapult. calvalry pherhaps? Well i can get a box tomorrow morning so i need to know by tonight what ishoudl; get. I have a lich/ prince a box os skele warriros ( will get more later ), scorpion. So what should i get next? the catapult?

Thanks Guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes get the catapult. If you are trying to go all shooty, you are on the right track about shooting and retreating over and over. Small units of cavalry, scorpions, carrion and maybe a swarm should be standing by inbetween all your shooty units to charge anyone that gets close and hold them up while you shoot other stuff. The scorpion and swarm can pop up from under the sand to tie up any shooty or artillery units that are hitting you. The thing that sucks is that you have to take that lame priest who will probably never cast anything so he ends up being a waste. If you want fewer models and magic control take 2 liches and then stick your prince in a chariot and have him be one of your "hit em if they get close" units. I have been experimenting with 1000 pt army lists and I am telling you it isn't easy. Something like:

1, Prince in a chariot
    2, priests, 1 with staff of ravening, 1 with a dispel scroll and the jar that gives you an extra spell
    1, catapult with skulls of the foe
    1, scorpion
    1, swarm
    30, archers

2, 2d6 spells each turn + staff of ravening bound item

with this there is just under 50 pts left I think

You would probably rule the magic phase in a 1000 pt game, then just sit back and shoot, bury the swarm and maybe the scorpion depending on what the enemy's set up is. Charge anything that gets close. Use the spells to keep the archers at full strength and keep that catapult firing twice every turn. Experimental yes but I think it could work. If I get a chance I will test this army against my Orc and Goblin buddy. I would just worry about really fast lists, cavalry heavy, or really heavy armor. No stand and shoot so you lose a final shooty attack on quick moving armys. Tell me what you all think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast