Exploit in the codex? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploit in the codex?

Casket of skulls...

Well, the casket of skulls is one of the best units and its powers are near infinite. How you ask? If I'm correct... the Casket iteself (with priest) is a unit so, if you use the spell that restores D3 wounds you could heal the priest to full after the enemy attacked it for example. You Tempt the enemy into assulting it for a turn to just to turn it on them by restorring the priest on it! so now he or she is out a turn of assult and you are probaly on his flank the same can be done with a TK in a chariot if the chariot dies he becomes a single model but the chariot is still part of his unit and therefore could be restored! So as long as you have a few liche priests around your all most invincible, but there is limitations like for example if he joined a unit and dies randomly he cant be resurected becasue that wasnt a retinue for him and the exploit can only be used if the charecter took a chariot or a casket becsause if something dies there is the other part still exists so you can technically resurect charecters, it is very very anoying if you play a defensive army like me you are all most unstopable the only defect to a defensive army should be your mages, if they die your ****ed. But if you take collars on each they shouldnt die I may be wrong Please correct me if I am I'm a new player just poking the book. even if a ofensive player theres still use for this tactic restoring a Tomb king is prety beast.

But this brings me to my next question, say I restore 5 skeletons toa 5 skele strong unit (say it was originally at 10) does the opponent get equal victory points for what he killed so it would be a total kill for him, if he killed the whole unit like in total he killed 15 sketons does he get 80 VP or 120

I think he should get 80 because in the ruels for victory points it says "what you kill" Or somethign similar so, our spell that brings people back says that it "heals" so meaning that he didnt technically kill them becasue I healed them back to full so there were no kills being taken place besides those 10 models.

/discussion!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry

Characters (and their chariots!) are never considered to be part of a unit for resurrection purposes. This is quite clear from the text in the magic section, and further clarified in the TK errata. For example, if a unit has the banner of the undying legion, it can only heal regular models (champions are revived first), not characters that have joined the unit. However, if a standard bearer is carrying that standard, he could choose to revive himself or the unit (not both at the same time).

To be clear: a dead character can never be brought back. Living characters heal D3 wounds as usual, though. This is why Settra can be a really tough nut to crack: every magic phase he has two 3D6 strong chances to heal himself. Keep in mind that he effectively has two 4+ ward saves.

And about the casket: yes, it's designed so that if you attack it poorly, you're in for a whipping. Did you notice that the casket guards have 2 magical S6 attacks with killing blow each? Also, it is correct that as long as the LP is alive, the other models can be resurrected.

Good news for the second question: WP are calculated in the end of the game and restoring a unit to more than half its wounds will prevent your opponent from getting VPs from that unit.

About magic items: magic items are unique (except power stones and dispel scrolls). This means that you cannot have more than one of them. This goes for the 'common' magic items too.
    Last edited by oldWitheredCorpse; February 12th, 2007 at 18:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this extermley good information! I guess I cheated my friend last week. : /

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

For VC, the victory points are set by the original unit size. So let's say the I have a unit of 20 zombies, but because of invocation my opponent kills 30 zombies before he wipes out the unit. But he still only gets VPs for 20 zombies.

I imagine it's the same for TK.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    For VC, the victory points are set by the original unit size. So let's say the I have a unit of 20 zombies, but because of invocation my opponent kills 30 zombies before he wipes out the unit. But he still only gets VPs for 20 zombies.

I imagine it's the same for TK.
    Well, we can never take a unit past it's starting number. If I have a 25 man unit of skeletons, and it suffers three casualties, and I heal five in my next magic phase, I only get three skeletons back.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

The way I see it, TK fix them as you break them so you're not really killing "more" skellies, you're just killing the same ones again, and again, and again, and a....

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Master of the Ravenwing Anacron's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Here's another hilarious (and possibly illegal) exploit.

Take a Screaming Skull Catapult. Come the movement phase, split the crew from it. Come the magic phase, cast Summoning on the crew (to give them a new war machine) and then the catapult (to give it new crew). You now have two SSCs! Continue doing this until turn six, when you could have (realistically) around 20 SSCs pounding the enemy. Awesome! :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

I think most opponents would kick you in the face while wearing kleats for trying something like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I would kick them somewhere else.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x4)

If you want to exploit Tomb King power, fly 8-10 Carrion behind the enemies battle line using an Urgency spell. Then lob SSC firepower at them. If you position it right, when the enemy unit breaks and flees they'll run right through your Carrion. If you keep the Carrion over US5, you'll crossfire the fleeing unit and destroy them. Very easy with a large unit of Carrion to spread them out to get this threat against several enemy units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast