Getting two figures inside a chariot (model) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting two figures inside a chariot (model)

Hello-
    I am no dummy , but there are no instructions on assembling the Chariots in the Battalion box....
    I am unsure how to get both the driver and crew in there...
    Is someone willing to snap a digital picture of their Chariots and show me...

Maybe I did not think of turning the torso on the legs 45 or 90 degrees and that
    may be the problem....

Thanks
    Tim Richter (pics can be emailed to honda305 (at sign) comcast.net

Also, I had a neat idea for the Chariot to make it modified....
    I would cut a thin piece of plastic shaped like the floor of the chariot,
    then paint it like the floor. Glue the crew to it and thus have a removeable
    crew. I could grab it and remove it and replace it with a character as
    needed....

T

Timothy Richter
    Springfield, TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

The crew do take some fiddling, especially if you want to pose them in an action packed sort of way. Or stagger them. Even in the army book the one crew member is ahead of the other. Sorry about the lack of pics. Mine are all too blurry.
    Some of mine have one foot up on that round hole(behind arrows or spears), or are even up on the rim of the chariot as though getting ready to "board" the enemy or just get really close!

As for the removable character and crew, I was thinking about adding a sort of peg to a Tomb Kings foot that would fit into a chariot floor and also a foot base so that he could be easily switched up. The crew would also have these cute little pegs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

http://www.librarium-online.com/show...hp?i=3376&c=53

They're a little cramped, but I got them in there.
    I recommend painting the skeleton horses, chariot, and crew seperately, and then glueing them together with Elmers white glue, it dries clear and creates a strong bond between the painted pieces (plus it won't eat the paint like plastic cement, or make your paint job messy like super glue would).

As for a character in a chariot;
    I've not finished painting it (it's on a long time holding pattern), but I have one chariot that's heavily converted with several extra skulls lining the details for a character. The character model itself is mounted on a standard 20mm base that I sanded the beveled sides down a bit so it can be slided in and out of the chariot model.

+ Reply to Thread