Librarium Online Forums banner

LO Meet 2014 - Discussion Thread

12K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  praxis 
#1 ·
So, it has come around to that time of the year again people. When we decide to invade WHW in Nottingham. We have no plans except we have tables booked and we turn up on the Friday and play until late, same Saturday (usually followed by going out drinking for some) and Sunday is gaming/recovering.

The date that has worked so far for the last few years is the first weekend of August, which this year is the 1st - 3rd. We will obviously go with whatever is suitable for the majority of people.

And as per usual, if people wish for a mega table we'll need to book it in advance (will need a second person to book extra tables as well).

Please note that this event is international, EVERYONE is free and welcome to attend.

​So, lets hear it folks!

#44 ·
Still gutted I cannot attend, although still attempting to sort out work. This post is to propose that during this years meet, the attendees agree to set a date for NEXT years meet. No criticism on Kuffy's organisational skills at all, but if the first post on this thread, in februrary, was cast iron first weekend in August, I could have booked the time off before anyone else. Of course, this removes the flexibility of gaining a concensus by giving people the option of voting for dates.

If everyone agreed the meet would fall on the first full weekend in August every year, we all have boatloads of time to save up, book time off etc. And paint armies. Any thoughts and opinions ?

#47 ·
Nightmare. Rota works out I am off friday, saturday, sunday, and monday this weekend. All I can do is look at the Dawi I have painted, and the boxes I have still to open, and wish I was in Nottingham next month. Please brothers, set the date for next years meet.

#53 ·
I'm definitely there on Friday and Saturday along with one other. There could be 4 of us from York on the Saturday and we may run a 40k apocalypse game that day on a large table which of course others are welcome to join in.

#54 ·
I'll be there from Friday Evening (probably about 8-9pm) so i'll meet you all at the bar, or hotel, whichever you are at when I get there.

Whilst I am posting, figure I may as well ask you all here. Anyone who is coming have any spare Kroot Rifles (Preferably with arms as well) and/or IG mortars that you'd be willing to sell/trade to me. I have an extensive amount of Space Marine, Chaos Marine and IG bits (Including spare infantry for all three), about 30 or so Goblins (though they will likely need stripping) and maybe even a spare rhino around somewhere I could trade.

Cheers guys.
~Lawman

#56 ·
Okay, well seeing as this is tomorrow, I feel I should probably grab some contact details (I doubt I still have any from last time I attended, 4 years ago). My number is 07954418775, can someone that's gonna be at the meet text me with who they are, so I can phone when I arrive and find where you all are.

Cheers.

#62 ·
Had a great time too. Apologies for having to duck out of the Sunday session at the last minute but work committments cropped up.

Loved the apocalypse game despite only having a chaos spawn and an imobalised predator left at the end.

Cards Against Humanity was also great fun and I managed to clean Forgeworld out of the last of their Tallarn range. Try to get them painted for next year.

#64 ·
Well, the first weekend in August seems to be the running trend for the last few years. So next year it would be Friday 31st of July and the 1st & 2nd of August. I'm game no matter the date to be honest as my work is fairly easy with time off given notice.

Maybe I'll even book my hotel in advance as well, rather than leave it till the last minute!

MAdCat:
That Apocolypse game was pretty awesome I must say. I only lost a Taurox and 1 Russ in that game :D God bless cover saves!

#65 ·
So one of thoose Eradicators managed too survive all game? Talk about a damage sponge.

I had tried to book one of the large display tables but alas they were all full, but a double warhammer world 6x4 did fine. I think 2000 points a player was about right as it gets you a result by tea time. We could expand a little to 2500 or 3000 a player if more people are bringing along superheavies. Definately up dor running one next year.

I think the first weekend in August is a good benchmark but we may have to shuffle a bit if GW are holding a huge event on that weekend.

#66 ·
Sounds good to me, I should have 2000pts of Scum, er, I mean fine upstanding Guardsmen!, by then anyway! That table was big enough for the 3 of us, I guess it just depends on how many people turn up to the meet next year. Maybe even Kuffy will get some 40k toys painted.

One of the Eradicators survived! The other one would have but I didn't get a cover save from that darn Vendetta :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.