northern virginia / DC metro area? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

northern virginia / DC metro area?

Anyone near here? I live in Arlington and will be in Falls Church shortly. Never really played the game a whole hell of a lot and took a 3 year break for college. I am graduated now (yay!) and looking to get back into it. I will need to brush up a lot probably...

oh and yea... I play Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

819 (x8)

Please read the description of the Meet-Ups forum as posted by Hard Aun in the main Meet-Ups area.

This goes in the Gaming Clubs forum.

That said, I'm in southern VA, Blacksburg to be specific, but pending on where I get accepted to college next year, I'll be either in Harrisonburg or Williamsburg.

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I used to live in that area (well, technically I still do I'm just in college so I'm not there a lot). However, I can give you a list of a couple places that you can generally find games (from time to time) going on.

The first is the springfield GW, it's in springfield mall has a really nice\chill staff and you can always (so long as you're willing to just hang around for a while) find a game there.

The Next is closer to you, in the Falls Church area there's a place called the complete (might be spelled compleat) strategist. It sells 40k stuff, and there's at least 1 40k group that I know uses it as it's homebase.

There's also a place called the game parlor which sells 40k and also hosts various games about once a week (it's out in chantilly). I've never played there (I tend to go to GW) but it's there if you want to go check it out.

All of those are within 30-1hr (depending on our famous traffic). I would suggest checking out the GW (it's where I always go to get my gaming fix) especially on weekends, but also on most weekdays after 4 there's always a game going on, and generally at least 1 person who shows up army in hand.

If you just have to stay home you can go the the strategist, and I threw in the Game Parlor just for the sake of completeness.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, GW is no longer in Springfield Mall! However it's still in Springfield, just on the other side of 95 from the mall in (you guessed it) Springfield Plaza! Game parlor has a place near Potomac mills Mall aswell!

At this point in time I live in Burke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, GW is no longer in Springfield Mall! However it's still in Springfield, just on the other side of 95 from the mall in (you guessed it) Springfield Plaza! Game parlor has a place near Potomac mills Mall aswell!

not sure why this posted twice

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x4)

I game often on weekends at the GW in Springfield (it has moved as per the treble post), and there's a pretty good, mature collection of gamers there twixt the usual immature rabble. Even occasionally hit up the Hard Times afterward for brews and chilli.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt