Librarium Online Forums banner

When could you attend LO USA '10?

LO Meet USA: Chicago '10

8K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  ericismyname 
#1 ·
Hey all.

Once again I'm planning out a LO meet for those of us who don't like islands. Last year we had a outright minimal turn-out, but this year will have a better group!

Currently I am looking at a weekend in mid-late July or early August. I may or may not attempt to have it on the same day as Gamesday, depending on the consensus we get to that regard.
July 16th - 18th
July 23rd - 25th
July 20th - Aug 1st
Aug 6th - Aug 8th.

The meet is to be held in the Chicago Battle Bunker.
Address
1524 Butterfield Road, Suite A
Downers Grove, IL, 60515
USA

I would strongly suggest finding LO members in your area to carpool/ hotel with as this greatly detracts from the overall cost. Travel can be expensive so check your budget (or make one if you need to) if you plan to show up!

Hope to see you there!
Alzer

See less See more
#5 ·
I can't do the 25th that is for sure. It is my cousins wedding and she would be pissed off if I didn't attend. I would not hear the end of it. I'll try to see if a couple of my buds would like to hitch a rid together. If I can't get a rid up I can't go simple as that. :rotfl:

#10 ·
But, it's not like I'm a very high profile member of the community so I doubt I would be missed
Dont worry about that. Hell, we hardly know one another and most of us havent really spoken outside of LO. The only two people I really spoke outside of LO is Nemesis on Halo when it was pretty new, and Alzer fromt he last meeting. So dont worry about being not being missed cause you will. Its always disappointing meeting one new person less than what you could have. Now that look back at what I wrote Im not sure if it will make sense but hell with it I'm posting it.

#11 ·
I'll be up for it again, and pending another death in the family, won't flake out at the last minute like I had to last year.
All depends when I take leave though, I can work it around the dates of the meet up, and will be traveling from the hard streets of the north side of chicago :p
Hotel will depend on level of intoxication. And I'm friends with the owner of one of the local game stores, so I can see about getting some sponsorship for some prizes for the tourney, or a rafle or something of that sort.

#17 ·
I'd honestly love to come to this. However living in the fun state of NC, with myself and only a few friends, none of us really have the resorces or transportation to get from here to there. So unfortunatly it looks like I won't be able to go.

#19 · (Edited)
Tres chic! I'm only a five hour drive away, I'll definitely see if I can swing it. I won't vote in the poll, since my schedule is too nebulous that far out. Hate to lobby for a specific weekend and then end up working. My vote would be "not during the world cup!" ...but the first proposed weekend is the weekend after the final, so we're good on that.

/edit/Since I'll be cashing in some hotel loyalty club thingie benefits to cut costs, I'm going to have to stay in one of two places. I'd appreciate some advice from locals...would I be better off staying at Yorktown Center or in Bolingbrook?

Oh, and can we get tournament details? Nice to have some idea what army(ies) to bring...

#27 ·
Hey...I just realized that one of my lodging options for the meet'n'greet happens to be the site for this year's adepticon...and since I'm in their loyalty program, I'm going to get electronic junk mail from that specific hotel after I stay there for adepticon...saweet! They'll probably send me something along the lines of "book a stay by the end of the week for dates in the next five months and get a rate $30 lower than the adepticon price"....I guess that tells me where I'm staying! I may even go recon the battle bunker the weekend of adepticon.

#29 ·
Hopefully I will be able to get off work those days so I can come in. I love the bunker. Also for those that haven't been there, its huge, and it has a lot of food choices nearby, although I only ever go to Portillo's. Generally though you can find me at the smallest GW store in the nation, located in the Woodfield mall, mostly because I am about 6 minutes from it.

#31 ·
Alright Everyone, I have decided to run the meet July 16th-18th.

Friday should be a general meet+greet sorta thing, hang out, get to know each other, maybe play a few casual games.
Saturday will be the tournament. Which will be run at 1500pts, more details on that exactly later.
Sunday will, until further notice, be a recovery day, a few games around, and some very exhausted/hung over gamers.

There are a few bars in the area, for those of us old enough to go make love to the sauce after gaming, we should discuss plans for getting to and from bars. I for one wouldn't mind going to get a few brews after a hard day of getting my dead, metallic face pounded in by everyone elses armies. ;)

If you have lodging questions, send me a PM, I may be able to help again this year for any who need it.

Thanks,
Alzer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.