1k Necrarch-Need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Necrarch-Need help

Necrarch 1000pts
    Vampire Thrall Nehekhara's noble blood 125pts
    Necromancer lvl2, Book of Arkhan 125pts
    Necromancer lvl2, Black periapt, Dispel scroll 140pts
    20 Skeletons Hand weapon and shield, Musician and Standard Bearer 175pts
    18 Zombies Hand weapons, Musician and Standard Bearer 123 pts
    6 Dire Wolves
    6 Dire Wolves
    5 Black knights Barding, Standard Bearer, Banner of Doom 191 pts Total-999pts

Looking for whatever advice more experienced VC players can give me, thanks. ^v^Aeryn^v^

Last edited by Aeryn; October 11th, 2007 at 11:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

It's a solid list. I don't like black knights at such a low point levelm but that's just me.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I would drop the magic banner on the knights, it makes them very expensive. Add another knight with the points, 6 is better than 5. Also even out your zombie unit to 20 and add champions if you can so they can take challenges for your casters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The banner is to keep them alive, 5 Black knights have gotta be a missile magnet. I need them to have as many models alive as possible when they reach combat. Agreed that I need more zombies and would also like to put in a DoW cannon but I can't find the points. Any Ideas on what to drop people?
    Zombies!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i think you have too many points in characters and hard hitting units.. in 1000p, you need core.. lot's of them.. and take skeletons instead of zombies since they do not suffer from braindead and can actually do some damage to your enemy. You might be tempted to give them spears, but i find it better to give them hand weapon and shield giving them AS5+ against missile fire and AS4+ in CC. I always play with two big units of skeletons, usually 25 in each unit to guarantee outnumber from the start. Fear and outnumber = autobreak when loosing close combat... remember this since this is the key to your victories!

I'd get rid of the Necrarch thrall.. Nehekhara's noble blood costs 50p if i remember correctly, giving you a general that might be able to withstand a few blows but the key is to keep all magicians out of close combat.. i usually put the necromancer behind a large unit of skeletons, keeping them within 3" to disallow your opponent to target him with missile fire. Buy two Necromancers level 2 and that's it for characters. Book of Arkhan is an excellent choice.. i do not leave home without it!

Black Knights are too expensive for 1000p, buy some ghouls instead and place them on the flanks.. with 2 attacks, poison and T4 they are a bargain at 8p each.. remember that they are alive so don't charge any big units that will cause them to loose CC and flee..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.. one more thing. Concerning magic, make sure you generate invocation of nehek and vanhel's dance macabre... buy skeletons from the start and invoke zombies... Let each necromancer throw invocation with 3 dice at 7+ to guarantee that it will go through.. at 7+ you will generate 2D6+2 zombies in each spell.. if you are withing range, throw vanhel's and charge the enemy.. very powerful if it works.. you might be able to generate a new zombie unit behind your opponents lines in turn 1 if lucky.. very scary!

+ Reply to Thread