2K BD friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    2K BD friendly list

    Hello,

    Im pretty new at the gaming, only played a few local games so far
    Anyway, I tried a few variations on my BD 2K points list, and the following is what I have so far. Any advice would be appreciated on the list (+ maybe tactics?) as I keep getting pounded (with massacres and major victories against me)...not that I mind losing as I play for the social part mostly, but still nice if I had a solid list with which I could win a battle for once

    ok, here goes:

    General:
    BD Vampire Count - 288
    Master Strike
    Sword of Might
    Lvl 2
    1 hand weap + shield

    Characters:
    Necro - 125
    Book of Arkhan
    LVL 2

    Necro - 125
    Dispell Scroll
    LVL 2

    Wraith - 140
    Cursed book

    Core:
    Skellies - 201 (X15)
    Spear
    Armor
    Full command

    Skellies - 225 (X 21)
    Full command
    Armor

    Zombies - 135 (X20)
    Full Command

    Special:
    Grave Gaurd - 252 (X13)
    Full Command
    Screaming Banner

    Black Coach - XX

    3 Spirit Hos - XX

    Rare:
    Banshee - XX

    Total: 1996

    Srry, forgot to add spirit....also listed total

    So...any advice appreciated to make this list more viable to win some battles I would love some constructive criticism...I can take it aslong as it is not minndless shouting..In other words, not: this list is bad u newb, but rather: this list is bad because....

    Thnx in advance for the advice and I hope that with some new tactics and list I can come to a combo that could win me some battles

    Last edited by Savrill; November 17th, 2007 at 10:36.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Darkeagle8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -21 (x0)

    Here we go then :]

    1 Drop Armour on the skellies, you can summon man! Really un-neccassary IMO, as you should be summoning at every oppurtunity.

    2 Drop the wraith, he wont get his points back. Really. He wont. Instead, buy a thrall with a set up that suits you. Maybe the hauberk and great weapon for example?

    3 With all current spare points, get some more grave guard in that unit. 13 will just get beaten up. 20 with shields and the banner of DOOM.

    4 Drop a banshee, you dont have enough magic in a BD army to stop her getting splatted.

    Yours, DE.
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

    Current Armies

    Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

    Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    thnx for the advice man, will look into it

    however, I do have a bit of disagreement on point 4, as the banshee alrdy served me very well, she rlly did some nice kills so far

    but thnx for the advice, a little less trouble then I expected (i thought this list would rlly suck )

  5. #4
    Senior Member Darkeagle8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -21 (x0)

    Its really your choice, but banshee's work well in pairs.

    Say you are going against an army like dwarves? All leadership 9? You might kill 2. Thats one possible outcome.

    Or you play a magic heavy high elf army. Then you cant protect her from all the magic missiles etc?

    But then again you could go against some skink army and absolutely annihilate them.

    ~DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

    Current Armies

    Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

    Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    then I must be lucky, for my last battle was vs High Elves and my banshee hid in a forest and annihalated about 2/3 of a high elf spearmen unit....Very nice result But I will look into the thrall/grave gaurd thing

  7. #6
    Senior Member Darkeagle8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -21 (x0)

    Ahh so you do know how to actually use the banshee. Sorry, i assumed you didnt. But in that case, by all means, put it in.

    Be careful though. Nearly 100 points is quite steep for a 2 wound toughness 3 creature, ethereal or not.

    ~DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

    Current Armies

    Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

    Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

  8. #7
    Nox Archnomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Scotland, Ayr
    Posts
    1,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle8k View Post
    Here we go then :]

    1 Drop Armour on the skellies, you can summon man! Really un-neccassary IMO, as you should be summoning at every oppurtunity.

    ...

    Yours, DE.

    Dont listen to him!! If you want a tarpit unit invest in zombies, skeletons are our real "infantry" and can occasionaly win fights by themselves! (i mean, gobbos can do it). On another note, i would recommend a BD thrall with Red Fury and 2H weapons. It is fairly mean to people (instead of the wraith )

    Thanks

    Archnomad
    omgitsduane:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

    I misunderstood that... ALOT

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    yea will look into that...how about the 20 GG with banner of Doom...any good?

    Abd if so, what should I consider trading if not the armor to get the points for it, as the wraith points go to the thrall?

  10. #9
    Member starshowerblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

    That general really, really needs a ward save. up to you to pick it but definate need for one there.
    Definate no on the wraith front, I would go with the thrall, perhaps red fury 2x hth weapon. perhaps double hander for the S7, perhaps with the cursed book so nearly everone needs 5's to hit him. up to you.
    Grave guard are awesome you need enough to take some shooting though, I have 23 in my list. banner of doom is good. war banner is good. screaming banner is good. your choice really.
    I would keep the armour on the skellies. 4+ save in close combat is very useful in denying kills which is what undead infantry is about.
    I would drop the banshee for 5 bats. they work better for me in the long run.
    I'm also unsure about the coach. Its a lot of points for a s7 hit to just kill it. sometimes it will win you games though but some times it will die in turn one. can be frustrating. You also have no real support for it, everything else is much slower.

    In summary the list is fairly solid, although BD can pose problems for the player with the challenge rules. 2 necro's is perfect, perhaps you can squeeze the black periat in there? very useful. Wraith = dropped, just not worth the points, take a thrall instead. drop the spears from your skellies, they are not as good as the 4+ save hand weapon ones. Get more GG, give them shields and a war banner/ banner of doom. then i would advise dropping the banshee for 5 bats, or 9 wolves, if you could get two lots of 5 that would be perfect, then they can flank charge while your coach takes the front of a unit.

    The key to winning with the undead is that you need to combine charges, because your troops are worse than everyone elses you need the flank/rear charges to break ranks and allow you to win combat. To this end you need some fast stuff to get around the flanks and rear of your opponent.
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

  11. #10
    Nox Archnomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Scotland, Ayr
    Posts
    1,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by starshowerblade View Post
    That general really, really needs a ward save. up to you to pick it but definate need for one there.
    Definate no on the wraith front, I would go with the thrall, perhaps red fury 2x hth weapon. perhaps double hander for the S7, perhaps with the cursed book so nearly everone needs 5's to hit him. up to you.
    Grave guard are awesome you need enough to take some shooting though, I have 23 in my list. banner of doom is good. war banner is good. screaming banner is good. your choice really.
    I would keep the armour on the skellies. 4+ save in close combat is very useful in denying kills which is what undead infantry is about.
    I would drop the banshee for 5 bats. they work better for me in the long run.
    I'm also unsure about the coach. Its a lot of points for a s7 hit to just kill it. sometimes it will win you games though but some times it will die in turn one. can be frustrating. You also have no real support for it, everything else is much slower.

    In summary the list is fairly solid, although BD can pose problems for the player with the challenge rules. 2 necro's is perfect, perhaps you can squeeze the black periat in there? very useful. Wraith = dropped, just not worth the points, take a thrall instead. drop the spears from your skellies, they are not as good as the 4+ save hand weapon ones. Get more GG, give them shields and a war banner/ banner of doom. then i would advise dropping the banshee for 5 bats, or 9 wolves, if you could get two lots of 5 that would be perfect, then they can flank charge while your coach takes the front of a unit.

    The key to winning with the undead is that you need to combine charges, because your troops are worse than everyone elses you need the flank/rear charges to break ranks and allow you to win combat. To this end you need some fast stuff to get around the flanks and rear of your opponent.

    This is true, or consider going mounted with the thrall, and chuckign him in a Black Knight unit, and giving him Red Fury and a weapon of your choice?
    omgitsduane:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

    I misunderstood that... ALOT

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts