Necrarch 1000pts to start - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Necrarch 1000pts to start

Hey guys, been a WHFB fan for many years but have never garnered enough support from mates who are 40k universe only players. Recently converted them to WHFB and i have decided to make a competitive necrarch army. I know the new codex will be due soon but i want to experiment with this army now so i am better informed when changes come about.

I am a bit of a newbie to WHFB but am quite experienced with 40k and although i understand the game mechanics work completely differently between the genres i am keen to make a good first go of a 1000pt list.

Atm, due to some cheap ebay buys i have heaps of skellies, 20 x zombies, 4 x necromancers (1 x mounted), one wraith, 1 x Lahmian Vamp Countess, 1 x Heinrich Kemmler.

I know i wont be able to use most of what i currently have but with what i have and some additions i was wondering what a good direction was to create some necrarch competition for my mates. One will be playing a tzeentch chariot army so plenty of dispel dice will be a must, the others will be playing anything from undivided Marauders with Crom to Dwarves.

We play pretty serious in our fun so dont hold back on any dastardly tricks you can think of.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

26 (x1)

vampire counts at 1000 points is a really tricky one. I would say the best way to go is loads of core troops as tar pits, some wolves to negate your opponents ranks (this is vital!) You can't use a vampire count at less than 2000pts so a necromancer will have to be your general, its worth giving him a ward save or similar because you can't let him die. I think you might be best of with either 3 necro's or a different bloodline to start with, VC are good as are BD at low points. Otherwise lake teh black periat, and the book of arkhan. Then enjoy playing and learning, the undead are tricky to get to grips with I think but once you understand how they wark they are extremely powerful.
    Oh yeah and learn the psychology section of the BRB to the letter, its your biggest weapon! Good luck!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

+ Reply to Thread