2000pts Vampire Counts (New Armybook) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

2000pts Vampire Counts (New Armybook)

Having finished my High Elves I am sorely tempted to get a Vampire Counts army. With ready access to the new army book I have decided on the following list.

Vampire Lord- Handweapon, Balefire Spike, Enchanted Shield, Heavy armour, Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Dreadknight, Extra level, Rides barded nightmare.

Vampire- Handweapon, Shield, Heavy armour, Avatar of Death, Dark Acolyte.

Necromancer- Handweapon, Extra spell, 2 Dispell scrolls.

25 Skeletons- Handweapons, Spears, Shields, Light armour, Full command.

10 Crypt Ghouls-

10 Crypt Ghouls-

6 Dire Wolves-

20 Grave Guard- Handweapons, Shields, Heavy armour, Full command, Royal Banner of Strigos.

9 Black Knights- Handweapons, Lances, Shields, Heavy armour, Ride barded nightmares, Full command, Banner of the Barrows.

4 Fell Bats-

Varghulf-

8 Power Dice
    6 Dispell Dice

1999pts

A small but elite army that is quick and easy to field and packs a solid punch in combat. My tactics will be pretty simple with a hammer and anvil approach to doing things. The vampire, skeletons, ghouls and the graveguard will hold the centre whilst the vampire lord, black knights, varghulf and the dire wolves will seek to hit the enemy in the flanks hard.
    The fell bats will seek out enemy war machines and take them out.

JvK :happy:

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicley done.

I can't offer much suggestions but between rumours, and previous knowledge it looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I have a hard time commenting in specifics as I haven't had the chance of reading throu the armybook, but I can see someone doesn't like the new zombies?

I am not sure how the ghouls would fare! I have a problem with the new ghouls, and I have a hard time seeing them as very good. I would rather take my chances with the zombies, as they can at least still autobreak (so can ghouls, but not in units of 10), maybe now that they are healable by magic the ghouls will still be acceptable now that they are ranked up.

I understand that any Vampires make it possible to march within 6”, but if your varghulf charges down a flank, you’re general with the 12” bubble also seems to be off from the infantry, which leaves you with just one vampire, and the need to keep your whole infantry force within 6” (oh noes… stone throwers!)!

I think the black knight unit is a bit big, is there a reason for having 2 ranks of such expensive troops?

I like the army overall, but you can’t really use all the “I love the look and feel… blah blah”. I do however want to complement you for the necromancer and a nice big block of skeletons. Never lose them! Same goes for a nice unit of Grave Guards and the all important dire wolves…
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

+ Reply to Thread