2000 pts, 17PD - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 pts, 17PD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

2000 pts, 17PD

count mannfred
    barded nightmare
    skull staff
    the book of arkhan

vampire
    master of the black arts
    flayed hauberk
    sceptre de noirot

vampire
    master of the black arts
    walach's bloody hauberk

vampire
    master of the black arts
    the accursed armor
    black periapt

character total = 1180

core
    20 skeletons
    full command

20 skeletons
    full command

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

corpse cart
    lodestone

corpse cart
    lodestone

corpse cart
    lodestone

core total = 820

total = 2000 pts

PD= 17
    bound spells : 4
    DD= 7

All the vamps will get raise dead as their spell. Your thoughts? My only fear is that I don't have any hammer units, and that I'm very reliant on magic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I'm actually really liking this list a lot. I assume each Vamp will be casting Invocation on 1 dice every time . . . that's a lot of raising going on there!

I would agree with you about the punch unit. I do really like the direction though . . . I shall ponder this and come back with a list. Most likely I'll change the character items for more toys rather than the armour as I see the tides of raised dead as the Vampires armour ;-).

Von

Last edited by Von_Smallhousen; March 12th, 2008 at 20:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

I look forward to seeing your list then :rofl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

can you cast Invocation more than once per vampire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

I've modded the list slightly - I've got 2 less PD, but one more bound spell, and I can easily raise skeletons and ghouls beyond their starting value with a single die. I've also added the banner of the dead legion to a skeleton unit. Now a unit can have WS5 as well, so that's nice :rofl.

count mannfred
    barded nightmare
    skull staff
    the book of arkhan

vampire
    master of the black arts
    sceptre de noirot

vampire
    lord of the dead
    dark acolyte
    staff of damnation
    talisman of the lycni

vampire
    summon ghouls
    dark acolyte
    black periapt
    helm of commandment

core
    20 skeletons
    full command
    banner of the dead legion

20 skeletons
    full command

10 ghouls

10 ghouls

corpse cart
    lodestone

corpse cart
    lodestone

corpse cart
    lodestone

total = 2000

PD= 15
    bound spells : 5
    DD= 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Ok, altered the list a little. The main difference is the inclusionof the Wraiths. Immune to mundane attacks, cause terror and a 12" charge - combined with the helm you have 12 WS6 S5 attacks. The Banshee also works really well due to not needing line of sight, and as a stand and shoot reaction. The amount of Invocations you get also means that even if they take casualties from magic that you can't stop (like an anvil) you can keep raising them back up, getting up to +2 extra wounds if they're kept close to the Corpse Carts.

Mannfred raises the Skellies up for the first turn, only needing to role 2+ due to the item, and having up to 8 power dice to do so. I also include the Rod as it's great for scaring off Skirmishers, gun crews and for using on a character by themselves at the end of the magic phase when the enemy has no more DD.

Mannfred Von Carstein
    Skull Staff
    Book Of Arkhan

Vampire
    Master Of The Black Arts
    Black Periapt
    Power Stone

Vampire
    Master Of The Black Arts
    Helm Of Commandment

Vampire
    Master Of The Black Arts
    Rod Of Flaming Death

Skeletons x15
    Full Command
    Spears

Skeletons x15
    Full Command
    Spears

Zombies x20

Cairn Wraiths x5

Corpse Cart
    Lodestone

Corpse Cart
    Lodestone

PD: 17 - 18
    DD: 7 - 8 (plus 1 power stone for emergency)
    Bound Spells 4

Edit: My gaming club meets up tomorrow and I'll play test the list. There's a massive mix of people playing so it'll be interesting to see how it does.
    Last edited by Von_Smallhousen; March 13th, 2008 at 00:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Ok, I played with the list above tonight at my gaming club. My opponent was the seasoned store manager playing with his beloved High Elves. It consisted of 3 mages with lots of scrolls and a Prince of re-roles killing blow slappyness. There were then 4 bolt throwers, 30 Sword Masters, 20 Spearmen, 2x10 Archers and 2x5 Shadow Warriors.

The elves got first turn and he quite rightly pounded the Dire wolves leaving non alive. He then managed to get Drain Magic (+3 to all casting requirements) off with Irresistible force. Still, the sheer number of power dice meant that a hefty number of skellies and zombies turned up. The second elf turn saw the bolt throwers turn their attention to Mannfred's unit and pound the crap outta it, but the raising the turn before held them firm. However, in the Magic phase the Jammie so'n'so got not 1 but 2 irresistible forced Drain Magics meaning that all spell requirements went up by 6! Needless to say this made Mannfred the man of the hour casting all the raise spells with his +2 to caste really coming in handy. Also at this point the Cairn Wraiths, who had been going through a wood, jumped out in front of the archers and bolt throwers ready for a turn 3 charge.

So finally in turn 3 all the Drain magics were either dispelled or didn't work and the shooting was poor meaning that come my turn the army turned into a proper horde. Two fresh units of Zombies turned up, both ending up with 30 guys, Mannfred got the Skellies both up to around 25 guys and the Wraiths got to work on the bolt throwers.

By the time the Elves did manage to get into combat with Mannfred's unit most of the bolt throwers were dead as we both units of shadow warriors by the Wraiths, the Sword Masters then found themselves fighting WS6 skellies (thanks helm of commandment!) and in the second turn the undead magic meant that the undead would be re-roling misses in combat too!

Final Result: Massacre to the Undead, Mannfred finished with 7 wounds thanks to steal soul and all the original infantry undead units (other than Wraiths) were double their starting size at least. The Corpse Carts did a brilliant job re-enforcing the raise spells as each one counted for a lot in the first 2 turns, the Wraiths slapped the back line around and the Vamps did an awesome job raising.

Hmmm . . . Wraiths instead of Blood Knights . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

I like the outcome of that battle a lot . So would you say units of 5 wraith work really well? .
    Did the spears on the skeletons make a big difference, or did you use the HW/S combo most?

+ Reply to Thread