Comp 2,000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comp 2,000

Surrey - UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

27 (x1)

Comp 2,000

Ok, been play testing for a few weeks now. Tried Blood Knights, Varghulfs, Wraiths, Massed Infantry and about everything else going and here's what I've come up with in the end. It's based around a solid magic phase with lots of raise spells being the main spells and then having the Lord and hopefully one of the heroes having Vanhels - this combined with 4 bound spells turns the army into a well oiled machine.

The Army deploys very tight with the Wolves and Bats on the outside of the formation, but still very close by. Wraiths are there for the punch and the Lord, while a potent wizard, can defend himself from the almost inevitable combat he will find himself being forced into.

Awesome Von Carstein
    Level 3 Wizard
    Summon Creatures of the Night
    Master of the Black Arts
    Lord of the Dead
    Enchanted Shiled
    Talisman of Lycni
    Crown of the Damned
    Blood Drinker

Master Of The Black Arts
    Book of Arkhan
    Biting Blade

Master Of The Black Arts
    Helm Of Commandment
    Black Periapt

Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the Dead
    Rod Of Flaming Death

Skeletons x15
    Full Command

Skeletons x15
    Full Command

Zombies x20

Dire Wolves x6
    Doom Wolf

Cairn Wraiths x5

Fell Bats x3

Corpse Cart

Corpse Cart

PD: 15 - 16
    DD: 7 - 8
    Bound Spells: 4

Comments & Suggestions Please!

Last edited by Von_Smallhousen; March 21st, 2008 at 12:08.

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Wow, when I first read through it I thought I wasn't going to like it. I saw those four characters and thought That's an ass-load of points in vampires!

But after I scanned through it, you still managed to pack in a lot of units. Two carts, three ranked units, fell bats, dire wolves, and cairn wraiths.

I would've started the skeleton units bigger since you can only increase dire wolves and fell bats with summon creatures of the night.

None of your non-hero units are really kick butt combat units, which means you'll rely on vampires to boost combat res.

It's a cool list. It'd be fun to try out. With my luck, I'd miscast the whole time.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread