1000 Points VC 4-0 Score - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

1000 Points VC 4-0 Score

Heroes
    Vampire
    Dark Acolyte
    Flayed Hauberk
    Talisman of the Lycni

Necromancer
    Book of Arkhan
    Extra Spell

Core
    25 Skeletons
    Full Command
    Hellfire Standard

25 Skeletons
    Full Command

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Rare
    Varghulf

995 Points

Well then, let me talk you through the list.

The Vampire sits in a big skeleton block, he doesnt use the Talisman of the Lycni unless there is either a War Machine that is really worrying me, a lone character or something of that nature. He only uses it for overrunning

The Necromancer sits in a skeleton block until he is about 10" from the enemy lines, then he hops in a forest and hides. Keeping the book secret as always (didnt help much yesterday however, against empire with 2 fire mages, each with 2 scrolls). He will raise dead or invocate units, and is handy to have

The skeleton blocks are pretty standard really. The standard has proven itself to be beautiful in my eyes. It was one game against woodies *Die Dryads Die*

The wolves charge full pelt towards the nearest shooty unit or warmachine that they can. Theyre designed to die so that the varghulf survives. Its worked every time so far If they survive they double back and help the infantry (3 of em ignores rank bonuses).

The Varghulf runs towards small vulnerable units, spreads terror (which i have a newfound respect for, he made 3 units and 2 war machine crew run away with terror and panic.... in one turn!

So? Thoughts?

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I think it's a solid list. The vurghulf with the wolves are great. The only thing I may consider, is to drop some squelettes from both regiment in order to get another necromencien. Having around 21 in each block won't be that bad since you can heal them and the other power dice may be useful againt low magic ennemies as well as the other dispel dice.

Anyway the list is solid I think.

PPnoir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ppnoir View Post
    Hi,

I think it's a solid list. The vurghulf with the wolves are great. The only thing I may consider, is to drop some squelettes from both regiment in order to get another necromencien. Having around 21 in each block won't be that bad since you can heal them and the other power dice may be useful againt low magic ennemies as well as the other dispel dice.

Anyway the list is solid I think.

PPnoir
    However dropping them to 21 makes me less likely to get outnumber against some foes Its an interesting idea however.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, In 1k I'm wondering who would ever outnumber you... Maybe gobelins or things like that, but I think the majority of the time you will outnumber the ennemy. You could with the magic power raise them up around 25 both of them in the first magic turn. The only problem is against a people with a lot of dispel dice.

PPnoir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost forget, you said that the vampire with the talisman is in the unit of squelette. If he is in the unit, his mouvement would drop to 4 like the rest of the unit, so he won't overun with 3d6.

PPnoir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by ppnoir View Post
    I almost forget, you said that the vampire with the talisman is in the unit of squelette. If he is in the unit, his mouvement would drop to 4 like the rest of the unit, so he won't overun with 3d6.

PPnoir
    The Talisman if for charging out of the unit, and for it's cost, why not take it?

I'm assuking Avatar of Death will grant you a great weapon and shield? As oppossed to 2x Hw (who would ever take anyway...)

You should also rememeber, the necro needs to pick his spells when the list is written. He doesn't just pick his spells like a seer-staffed HE wizard. So, they are always brought to the field with a particular purpose.

Looks like a good list for this size. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe swapping a Skele block for a Ghoul block?They sems pretty darn good to me, and a good, tough tarpit.

But hey, 4-0, can't argue with that, hey? ;Y

Regards, Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; March 24th, 2008 at 13:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Yah it's a great weapon he has

I'm eager to try ghous, just need more models at the moment 10 more and i will try them
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Yeahs, thats always the killer...need the models!

I just edited my last post slightly before you posted..check what i said about the necro.

I really like the Build of that Vampire really. Inside taht unit, he gets s7 magical attacks too. Not a bad banner at all.

Regards, Tim

+ Reply to Thread