2k VC (building off my 1k test list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

2k VC (building off my 1k test list)

Here is a list that I am considering once I am done building my 1,000 point list. I kind of like it honestly, though I lack many of the new units that I wanted to get into a list, like a Corpse Cart or Varghulf for example. Anyways, here it is.

Vampire Lord
    Powers: Red Fury, Dread Knight, Beguile
    Equipment: Dread Lance, Crown of the Damned
    Level 3 Upgrade

Vampire
    Powers: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
    Equipment: Book of Arkhan

Vampire
    Powers: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
    Equipment: Flayed Hauberk, Black Periapt

20 Skeleton Warriors
    Musician, Standard

19 Skeleton Warriors
    Musician, Standard

15 Crypt Ghouls
    Crypt Ghast

5 Dire Wolves
    5 Dire Wolves

5 Black Knights
    Musician

19 Grave Guard
    Full Command
    Banner of the Dead Legion

4x Blood Knights
    Musician

------------------------------------------
    Total: 2000 pts
    Power Dice: Up to 10 (with the Periapt)
    Dispel Dice: Up to 7 (with the Periapt)

------------------------------------------

I see all these lists that have a Vampire Lord "Caster of Doom" on foot and I wanted to do something different. I've always been a fan of the Evil Bad Guy that still has his own twisted sense of honor, a Vampire Knight really seems to fit the criteria. My other two vampires fill dual purposes of support and adding combat res through kills to my blocks of infantry.

My infantry is pretty basic, two blocks of skeletons to be increased before they reach battle, and a smaller block of Crypt Ghouls to act as a flanker of sorts (plus I needed a third core). I have some Dire Wolves for flanking and stuff as well.

My specials are pretty basic as well, a decent block of Grave Guard that has the Banner of "I will Always Outnumber You" and some black knights. I left off the Barding both for lack of points and the extra 2 inches of march/charge movement could make all the difference.

Lastly I have the requisite entourage of Blood Knights that any half decent vampire knight needs. Not much to be said here, on the charge the Knights+Lord can decimate whole units on their own.

I will post a more magic heavy version of this list in a bit once I have finished tweaking it. I might even just go ahead and make a poll to make it easier for me to see which list is more popular.

Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; March 26th, 2008 at 23:52.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Hey Demandred,

Looks like both you and I suffer from shiny new toy syndrome what with the HE release and now the VC's! ;Y

Your Vampire composition looks a lot similar to mine except I went for the Tomb Blade/DScroll and Sceptre/DScroll just to add more synergy to the army. Being able to either raise shed loads of Zombies or effectively add models when you wound is great fun.

I too would have liked to get in a Varghulf but the only way I can see us doing it is by dropping a Vampire and I doubt you'd want to do that.

I'd seriously think about getting Champions in the Skeleton unit just in case you get challenged and cant submit your Vampire to the fight.

Still pondering the list. Will get back to you when I have any more suggestions.

Q
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

I like you vampire set up it has a good amount of magic and a lethal lord. Your core infantry is similar to mine and will form a solid core when raised.

I would suggest swapping one of the vampires lord of the dead with summon ghouls because then you can turn them into more than just a flanker and one lord of the dead vampire can still use a max of 5 dice (with periapt) which will be plenty for your skeletons.

The grave guard are always a good choice no problems there.

I think putting your lord with the blood knights is overkill, he would do fine in some black knights as you will get more wounds to protect him which are t4 and 2+AS (with barding). Obviously they loose their ethereal movement but its not a huge loss when they're accompanied by a monster in combat. It's up to you whether your set on using blood knights .

By dropping the blood knights you could afford 7 barded black knights with full command instead which will absorb more damage than the blood knights which will improve the chances of your lord getting to combat unharmed and with larger US, also you will have a champion to accept challenges in place of your lord which could mess things up for him.

One more point barding doesn't slow down black knights as ethereal movement ignores movement penalties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I'd seriously think about getting Champions in the Skeleton unit just in case you get challenged and cant submit your Vampire to the fight.
    I have come to realise that it might be better to not take champs in weak units. If I get into a fight where a challenge goes off that I actually fear my Vampire wont win I can just decline and hide in the ranks. If I get a skeleton champ then he has to accept it and my opponent ends up getting massive overkill CR bonuses.

If I end up using a list with a Mounted lord like this I am pretty set on using Blood Knights (for fluff and storyline as much as anything else). Ill see to posting my other list for comments and suggestions to see which has more potential.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread