2500 blitz list - friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Como, Italy
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

2500 blitz list - friendly

Vampire lord : 440
    equipment: 3rd lvl
    powers: dark acolyte, flying horror, ghoulkin
    items: crown of the damned, sceptre de noirot, 2 powerstones

Vampire : 170
    powers: dark acolyte, summon ghouls
    items: 1 dispel scroll

Vampire : 180
    powers: dark acolyte, summon ghouls
    items: book of arkhan

17 ghouls : 144

5 fell bats

4 spirit hosts

5 wraiths

total: 2511
    10 PD +book of arkhan+2 powerstones
    6 DD +1 scroll

The main idea for the vampire lord is taken from the vampire builds thread ;Y
    but i thought that having a flying lord could be still efficient for raising zombies around the enemy fast;
    this avoids the problem that if i won't start first, maybe the enemy could throw things at the general, or engage him with a tarpit, or other painful events.
    With the ability to fly, i could move it out of a unit only when it's my turn, and moving 20' it's easy to reach safe positions.

Then all the other troops are supposed to go as quickly as possible towards the enemy, and provide kills.

I chose ethereals as elite troops because they move faster than infantry and are much more likely surviving missiles and cc blows, while having the same potential as other slower troops.

By simple cost/efficiency statistics i refused to include black knights
    (but blood knights could still be an option, what do you think?)

Cairn wraiths and the Varghulf should stay at the flanks, providing terror as an additional way to pack the enemies where i want them to be, and possibly to have them fleeing towards zombies or whatever.

Has this got any meaning?

It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

2. Remove Advertisements

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO Psyan's Avatar
    Louisville, KY
    4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x5)

Flying Horror is pretty neat for the modelling possibilities.... however, you can take a Hellsteed for 10pts less, have room to take more vampire powers and get a +1 to your armor for being mounted. Just a thought... I'm considering doing it myself.

I'd also consider dropping a Fell Bat or a base or two off the spirit hosts (or even a regiment of ghouls) to give your Vampire Heroes some magic weaponry or armor.
    Last edited by Psyan; March 29th, 2008 at 22:08. Reason: Addition
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

+ Reply to Thread