2000pts Friendly Wights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Friendly Wights

This is my 2000pts friendly Wight list. Comments are appreciated. This is also my first Fantasy army, so don't expect it to be competitive.

Vampire Lord 325pts
    *Blood Drinker
    *Red Fury
    *Flayed Hauberk

Vampire 165pts
    *Book of Arkhan
    *Talisman of Lynchi

Wight King 124pts
    *BSB
    *Skeletal Steed
    *Lance

10 Ghouls 80pts

10 Ghouls 80pts

10 Ghouls 80pts

19 Grave Guard 303pts
    *Full Command
    *Banner of Barrows

19 Grave Guard 278pts
    *Full Command
    *Great Weapons

9 Black Knights 256pts
    *Full Command

10 Black Knights 305pts
    *Full Command
    *War Banner

Total:1996pts

When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.

Alarm clock? Genestealers.
    Your boss? Genestealers.
    The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

-40k Online

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Firstly there's nothing friendly about wights.

Secondly its a nice list as you haven't gone overboard on characters which has let you get a lot of wights in there. 2 black knight units will cause problems to people, I wouldn't suggest any changes as It's fine as it is. Just be sure to make the most of ethereal movement with your knights and use the ghouls to protect the grave guard and use them to flank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the list a lot. Couple of ideas for changes if I may (not because theres anything wrong with it, more because I really like the list and want to help out the architect of such a wightfluffthemed yet deadly list)

Put the banner of barrows with the unit of black knights containing the wight king to take advantage of the banners effect on him. Sword of kings is a nasty combination here if you can scrape some points from somewhere...

Make your second vampire your BSB so that it will be a bit more central. Or just make the vampire mounted, and switch places with the Wight king to ensure your Black knights can march without sticking too closely to your battle line. It'll mess up your ethereal steeds thing, but that's what the other unit of black knights is for, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I like the list. Not particulary a major change, not sure if its necessary but consider a unit of 20 zombies instead of one unit of 10 ghouls. I think you might end up having to fight a enemy block infantry with one of the ghoul units and it will get punished under combat res where. A zombie unit may be able to hold out longer in situations, until the other ghoul unit can flank. (this is considering you probably won't be getting these ghouls over original size, where as you can quite easily summon 6 zombies with one IoN).

+ Reply to Thread