Two 2000 point lists, Strigoi themed list and a standard list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Two 2000 point lists, Strigoi themed list and a standard list

Two 2000 point lists here. The first one is my planed Strigoi themed beasts of the night list. I plan on converting up a dire wolf into a vampire on a Cav base to represent my "mounted" Strigoi vampire lord.

Vamp Lord - Level 3 - Infinite Hatred, Red Fury, Dread Knight - Sword of Might, Crown of the Damned, Black Periapt
    Vampire - GhoulKin, Summon Ghouls - Sword of Battle, The Flayed Hauberk
    Vampire - Infinite Hatred, Avatar of Death - Talisman of the Lycanti
    Necromancer - Corpse Cart, Balefire - Book of Arkhan - Van's Dance
    20 Ghouls - Ghast
    20 Ghouls - Ghast
    20 Ghouls - Ghast
    5 Dire Wolves
    5 Dire Wolves
    5 Dire Wolves
    4 Fell Bats
    Varghulf
    Varghulf

This second list is more of a run of the mill magic+decent combat units list.

Vamp Lord - Level 3 - Dread Knight, Master of the Black Arts, Lord of the Dead - Bloody Hauberk, Sword of Might, Black Periapt
    Vampire - Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death - Flayed Hauberk
    Vampire - Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead - Sword of Battle, Book of Arkhan
    Wight Lord - Barded Steed - Sword of Kings, Gem of Blood
    20 Skeletons, Champion, Standard
    20 Skeletons, Champion, Standard
    10 Ghouls
    19 Grave Guard - Great Weapons - Champion, Standard - Banner of the Barrows
    5 Black Knights, Barding
    Varghulf

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

No comments? I'm more fishing for advice on the first list, as this is the one I'm building towards, while the second is the one I have right now from my old models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think I could give a couple comments, but I must say I'm just starting up VC so it will be a little basic. First things first, I really like both lists, they're very balanced and very deadly.

My first suggestion would be to drop the sword of might from your general in both lists. If you are smart about it the lance should be more than adequate, and if you get the charge there are very few circumstances where you won't just break the opponent in the first round (if you're backed up with a unit, which I am assuming will be the case). With the second list you could transfer the weapon over to the vampire with avatar of death to spread out the damage.

My other suggestion is just for the first list, but it is a little tougher to manage. I think that you need to squeeze another summon ghouls onto one of your vampires. Seeing as how they are your main infantry and will probably be on the receiving end of a lot of invocations it wouldn't hurt to get +1 to the cast and the possibility of getting beyond starting number with another caster. The only viable option I could see would be to drop avatar of death from the lycni vampire. Assuming the reason you put avatar of death to give him a 4+ armor save, you could use the points from dropping the sword of might and put an enchanted shield on him. You could even give him a biting blade with the points saved from the swap, but that would lose you a point of armor.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Avatar of Death is on the second vampire for the great weapon, not the armour save. The idea being I can march before the game, and if it is advantageous for me, I can charge out 18 with 3 re-rollable attacks at str 7. So if there is a lion chariot, or some other target, such as a line of archers in front of a warmachine to overrun/pursue into it's an option on turn 1.

As far as the lance vs sword of might goes, I'm using the sword of might for it's consistency. Sure the lance is str 7 on the turn you charge, but it's str 5 afterwards. Also even with V's Dance he is still in an infantry block so I can't be sure of actually getting the charge. As such I much prefer the constant str 6 to the possible str 7, followed by str 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both lists look pretty solid. The sword of might does seem wasted on the lord, since you have an excellent chance of breaking your opponent on the charge, and you get a lance for free.

To be honest, if you really want a strigoi theme, I'd take master of the dark arts for Beasts lore, and try to keep Bear's Anger on him as much as possible. Combined with Red Fury and the crown of the damned you'd have a pretty impressive combat lord who's very strigoi themed. You'd also net yourself a few points by not taking Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred and the Sword of Might.
    Last edited by Executor; April 24th, 2008 at 17:49.

+ Reply to Thread