3000 pts VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000 pts VC

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO Psyan's Avatar
    Louisville, KY
    4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x5)

3000 pts VC

Since I got the new VC Army Book, I've been sitting down on a regular basis trying to come up with decent lists, but I've been having a lot of problems with overspending on my Heroes/Lords and Special/Rare selections. There are just too many good selections and I want them all! This is the first list I've put together that I don't hate, although paring it down from around 3700 points really hurt... there were manly tears running down my face when I took my beloved Cairn Wraiths and Grave Guard out..

So, I'm open to suggestions for improvement, but there are a few things that I can't be flexible on:

1) Mannfred stays. He's got 5 wounds, Sv 3+, +1 to casting rolls, +2 to dispel rolls, generates 6 PD, has a sword that generates casting dice and I've got him in a unit with a BSB with Regen Banner.

2) The two units of Black Knights, the Wight King and the Fell Bats stay, too.

3) The Skeletal Regiment with the spears will keep their spears. I have 40 of them, rather highly converted.

4) I will not start with Zombies on the table. I'll summon them if I need them.. I'm not paying points to give my opponent free CR.

3000 Pts - Vampire Counts Roster - The Blut Royale

1 Count Mannfred @ 595 Pts
    General; Barded Nightmare; Skull Staff; Staff of Sorcery

1 Vampire Lord @ 430 Pts
    Dreadlance; The Flayed Hauberk; Black Periapt; Dark Acolyte; Red Fury; Summon Creatures of the Night; HellSteed

This guy invades the backfield with his bats and kills solitary wizards and warmachines.

1 Vampire (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 300 Pts
    The Drakenhof Banner; Dread Knight; Walking Death; Heavy Armor; Lance; Nightmare with Barding
    Always stays with Manny.

1 Vampire @ 200 Pts
    Sword of Might; Book of Arkhan; Dread Knight; Infinite Hatred; Heavy Armor; Shield; Nightmare w/Barding
    In Spear Skeleton unit

1 Vampire @ 190 Pts
    Blood Drinker, Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred, Heavy Armor, Nightmare w/ Barding.
    In 1st unit of BK

1 Wight King @ 145 Pts
    Skeletal Steed w/ Barding; Heavy Armour; Shield; Sword of Kings; Gem of Blood
    Travels with 2nd unit of BK

13 Skeleton Warriors @ 153 Pts Manny and BSB go here.
    Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
    1 Banner of the Endless Nightmare @ [25] Pts
    +1 Skeleton Champion @ [16] Pts

12 Skeleton Warriors @ 158 Pts Vampire with Sword of Might goes here.
    Standard Bearer w/War Banner; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield;
    +1 Skeleton Champion @ [17] Pts

10 Skeleton Warriors @ 88 Pts

10 Skeleton Warriors @ 88 Pts

3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts These girls will follow the second Lord around and get bigger as he IoNs them.

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts Supports main infantry blocks

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts Supports 1st BK, Varghulf

5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts Supports 1st BK, Varghulf

5 Black Knights @ 161 Pts
    Standard Bearer w/
    1 Banner of the Dead Legion
    Vampire w/ Blood Drinker rides here. This unit rolls up the flank with the Varghulf, Lord and Fell Bats.

5 Black Knights @ 136 Pts
    Standard Bearer
    Wight Lord Rides here. They support the main infantry blocks.

Varghulf @ 175 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2999 pts
    Casting Dice: 14 (Many with +1)
    Dispel Dice: 9 (+2 to dispel rolls)
    Bound Spells: 1

What does everyone think? Did I over do it on the characters?

"Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

I think the list looks good and i know i wouldn't want to face it with my woodys lol but just lookin over your set ups on the lords and heros and the one things which doesnt make sense to me is the sword of might and the dread knight because the dread knight give you heavy armour shield lance and nightmare which will take out the sword of might?

but apart from that the list looks good.

+ Reply to Thread