2300pts Combat Vamps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2300pts Combat Vamps

I wanted to produce a list with not too much magic and be able to be in my opponents face as soon as possible.

Vamp Lord - 380
    walach's bloody hauberk / book of arkan / barded nightmare
    dread knight / dark acolyte /infinite hatred / summon ghouls

Wight King - 160
    enchanted shield / sword of kings /skeletal steed

Vamp - 185
    flayed hauberk / dispel scroll

Vamp - 185
    cadaverous cuirass / black periat / talisman of lynchi

12 ghouls -
    12 ghouls -
    12 ghouls -

6 dire wolves -
    6 dire wolves -

5 fell bats -

10 Black knights - 355
    banner of strigoi

5 blood knights - 350
    war banner

black coach -

7pd / 6dd / 1 scroll

The Vamp Lord and the Wight King go with the black knights with the Wight King acting as babysitter for the Vamp lord.

the dire wolves missle block and also stop the Blood knight form being drawn off track

fell bats march block / take out warmachines

Last edited by DavidWC09; May 21st, 2008 at 23:48. Reason: removed point costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Similiar to my list, I like it, its a pretty popular set up if you want to win games, it seems to work anyway!

I'd just try and boost th unit size of the ghouls to 20 for at least 2 of the units. The combined affect of ghoulkin and heavy cavarly is pretty devasting.

I'd love to take a black coach but what i find in heavy cavalry lists is that there is fewer power dice and teh black coach loses its potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you drop infinite hatred on the lord and banner of the burrows on the black knights and give them standard of stigros so hitting on 4's with re rolls and your lord and wight king get that as well. Frees up some points and i think you will get more over all hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, roodz is right.

A vargulf seems nice here in the place of the coach butt you can do it also with the coach.
    Butt what me really botters is that you're putting you're lord in the black knights= they loose the ability to move trough terrain WITHOUT penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WITHOUT PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roodz

i already have he strigoi banner and not the banner of the barrows.

Wout

I was concerened about the free terrain move but if i am careful the Vamp can edge the terrain while the others cut through it.

I am thinking about dropping the Black Coach and a Vamp for a Necro on the corpse cart and boost the ghouls to 15's plus another unit of dire wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gerry51 View Post
    Roodz
    I was concerened about the free terrain move but if i am careful the Vamp can edge the terrain while the others cut through it.

I am thinking about dropping the Black Coach and a Vamp for a Necro on the corpse cart and boost the ghouls to 15's plus another unit of dire wolves.
    You cant do that, the rule states that if a character without a skeletal steed joins them they loose the ability, this means that you cant just move the vamp out of terrain and the others in.

Also keep the vamp, it looks like your going for the kills not the outnumber or magic, so it fits better and with a potential of first round charge on war machine and/or wizards.

And yeah drop the coach for a varghulf, everyone in the list moves fast and before the game starts, it will be left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres a easy way round that, In my 2k list iv got black knights and a vampire on nightmare, All you do is put him down on the edge of the unit but never actully say hes in he unit (Althought everyone will assume he is so never target him) then when moving through terrain just keep ur nites on the edge of it and him next to them and move them him up with them. He has enuf movement to move around the wood instead of through it. Its worked every time for me and you don't have to keep the black knights in a wood its just a useful rule to have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I'd go with the Varghulf, too. Having played against it running alongside some black knights, it wasn't pretty. It's a lot of smackdown for the enemy.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread