Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi there, I'm working on trying to get a new standard list for the new vampire counts book. My last few lists haven't been working so well, and I'm trying to rework them. Anything I don't have at the moment I'd be willing to go get or add in. I'm trying to have a lot of magic however, and I like having lots of skellys and zombies. I'm trying to make a list effective against empire at the moment.
So far the current list is:
Master of Black Arts
x4 Fell Bats 80
Corpse Cart 75
x20 Skelly 220
x20 Skelly 220
Grave Guard 330
Banner of the Barrows
x3 Cairn Wraiths 150
250 points under at the moment.
Dark Eldar: 2,461 pts
Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: (Being redone)
Ork Goffs: 873 pts.
After losing my password for my other account I had to start a new account.....I wish I had it.....
Another DE/VC player! Cool.
One question.. how many GG do you have? Your list doesn't say and I'm too lazy to do the math.
The first thing I'd say that you need to add to this list is another Vampire! That's going to entail dropping a Necromancer (the one with Raise Dead, since your Vamp will have it for free), but I'd say that it's worth it. I like having Vamps as my casters more than Necros because they can fight well enough to add to your CR and they're much tougher (especially when armored and mounted), so your magical might is better protected. My suggestion:
Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Might, Nightmare. 193 pts
This guy makes more PD than your Necro, raises Skellies on 3+ and can raise them above starting strength. On top of that, he'll generate some much needed CR with that sword and be pretty tough to kill with a 2+ armor save. I'd probably make him the General and leave him in a Skeleton unit.
With the removal of one of your Necros and the addition the Vampire above, you have roughly 150 points left to spend. Things I would consider:
1) Your other Vamp needs some buffing. Since you seem to like Skeletons, I would probably exchange MoDA for Dark Acolyte and Lord of the Dead. Or, since you've already got an guy with LotD, you could also consider using Dark Acolyte and Avatar of Death; then give him a mount, the Balefire Spike and possibly the Book of Arkhan.
2) Unless it violates the flavor of your army, you can never go wrong with Black Knights. It's only 120 pts for a unit of 5. They're S6 on the charge and can move through terrain. Give them the Banner of Strigoi for Hatred or the banner that doubles their unit strength and they become really nasty.
3) Magical Banners on the Skeletons. You'll need all of the CR you can get.. I'd suggest the War Banner and the Banner of the Endless Nightmare.
4) If you can manage to free up another 25 pts, you might consider exchanging your Wraiths for a Varghulf. He's faster, regenerates and hits harder, since he gets rerolls. I like Wraiths, but I only take them when I already have a Varghulf and when I have enough points to spare for the Banshee.
5) The Sceptre de Noirot is a nice thing to have on a Necromancer, if you're planning on using Raise Dead a lot. It should pay for itself in two uses. If you took the Book of Arkhan on one of your Vampires, you could dispense with Van Hels and just use IoH and RD on your Necro.
I hope this helps!
"Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?
Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.