2000 Solid VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Solid VC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Solid VC

So i didnt know which way to go with new VC. So i decided magic heavy, i just hope its heavy enough.

Vamp Lord
    -Blood Drinker
    -Crown of the Damned
    -Red Fury
    -Infinite Hatred
    -Enchanted Shield
    -Lvl 3

Vampire
    -Balefire Spike
    -Dark Acolyte
    -Nightmare

Vampire
    -Dark Acolyte
    -Lord of the Dead
    -Tome Blade
    -Flayed Hauberk

Necromancer
    -Corpse Cart w/ Balefire
    -Sceptre de Noirot

25 x Zombies
    -Musician

Corpse Cart
    -Balefire

19 x Skeletons
    -HW/ shield
    -Musician

19 x Grave Guard
    -HW/ Shields
    -Musician
    -Champion

6 x Dire Wolves

6 x Dire Wolves

5 x Blood Knights
    -Musician
    -Champion

Alright so the characters, the lord is in the GG, the mounted vampire is in the Blood Knights, the one on foot is in the skeletons. The necro is behind the blocks of troops along with the other cart.

Now the lord can keep his unit healing itself with his weapon and/or magic. The vampire hero on foot will keep his unit growing with magic or his own weapon. The BKs and Vampire hero will tear through whatever they hit. And the necro will summon more zombies.

Now are there enough heavy hitting units in this list? Because im worried that the one unit of BKs wont be enough to truly crush through my enemy while my big units hold up everything else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

Just some suggestions. Drop the zombies, only take them when you summon since the s2t2 SUCKS, and the corpse cart is crap, at least from my experience. If your going for magic heavy try to put in some ghouls, with the poison attacks you roll a 6 and it auto wounds nice eh? and then try and block ranged lanes with zombie hordes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i havent played the new VC yet. only against once. of course my opponents list was severely different than mine. but thats good cuz he lost. anyway, why dont you like corpse carts? and the zombies are only there to hold up units while they either get hit with blood knights (which i might swap for black knights and get some other hard hitting unit with the extra points).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I'd drop the zombies and the necromancer on the corpsecart since you already have 3 vampires. I think its quite important for a vampire infantry army to take at least 3 strong rank and file units but i recommend 4. Its so easy to be outflanked with few units and believe me that is very very bad if you are already fighting another enemy rank and file unit.
    Yes ghouls are very good especially against strength 3/4 enemies, even a high elve spearmen unit with full command, warbanner will have trouble with a unit of ghouls just because they are wounding on 5's. If you can, i suggest having 3 vampires, a unit of 20 grave guard, 20 skeletons, 15 ghouls, 15 ghouls then your bloodknights and wolves. Also add summon ghouls to 1 or 2 vampires so you can get the ghouls up to size 20, should be easy. Its best for vampires to concentrate all magic on invocations/summoning, this way the enemy will find it very very hard to do any noticably damage to your units and their shooting phase will be a waste of time.

Some else to think about is that zombies provide easy combat res to the enemy so if you charged a unit of blood knights in and ended up being unlucky with your attacks, only killing a couple you could end up loosing.
    Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; July 12th, 2008 at 13:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

You're list only has two core choices, well its got lots - but only two count.
    To be honest I think this list falls between two playing styles, the unbreakable core of skelies zombies and grave guard, and the hammer of the blood knights - If i were you I would look at dropping the knights to get that third core choice plus some more GG (perhaps a second unit) or re-writing the whole list so it includes mounted characters, and some black knights, with only the minimum spent on core infantry.
    Oh, yes and helm of commandment on the main vampire, with banner of the barrows on the grave guard, plus great weapons for the grave guard. Means hitting most people on 2's wounding most people on 2's and sometimes striking first with the corpse carts bound spell - A viable undead combat unit!
    Just my thoughts.
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

+ Reply to Thread