Heavy Hitter 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heavy Hitter 2k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Hitter 2k

Vampire Lord (with GG)
    -Helm of Commandment
    -Book of Arkhan
    -Tomb Blade
    -Dark Acolyte
    -Lord of the Dead
    -Walking Death

Vampire (with Blood Knights)
    -Blood Drinker
    -Dread Knight
    -Walking Death

Vampire (this guy is causing me sum issues read below)

Skeleton Warriors(15)
    -Standard
    -Musician

Skeleton Warriors(15)
    -Standard
    -Musician

Crypt Ghouls(18 )

Crypt Ghouls(15)

Dire Wolves(6)

Dire Wolves(6)

Grave Guard(19)
    -Standard
    -Musician
    -Banner of Barrows

Blood Knights(4 total)
    -Full Cmd
    -Royal Banner of Strigos

Total:1945
    P:8
    D:6
    Models:101

So Obviously the hard units are the B Knights and GG... Ive designated where the characters are going. This list is really a combination of the things ive heard on LO, my problem is idk what setup to run on the 3rd Vamp. I was thinking sum kind of Ghoul support, but i cant decide what to give him he also needs some armor and a wep. Im clueless.

I was considering loosing the B.Knights for Black Knights instead and save some points, then getting some fell bats and pumping up my core units sizes since this list isnt super magic heavy.

So Wat do you think?

Last edited by manasource123; July 16th, 2008 at 11:09.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awe no commnets? wats going on here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Give people a chance man, its not a service.

I say drop a core unit. Don't need 4 cores plus a unit of graveguard. Or if you want that, drop the blood knights.

Remember you ideally want to summon all your core units up to 30 and then be able to hold them at that after taking casualities. So make sure you characters can do that in around 2 turns of magic, at the moment i doubt it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

First thing is that you have your gneral in grave guard with the tomb blade that only works on skeleton warriors, so that needs changing asap. Secondly your lord is very unprotected other than im guessing at best heavy armour and shield. Sure he can heal wounds back but only one at a time. he also only has 4 attacks so even with the tomb blade he wont be making much difference.

To be affective in this role your general needs the blood drinker along with red fury. now he may only be S5 (same as you had him anyway) but now he can raise wounds back onto himself and his grave guard bodyguard with a possible 8 attacks. I also find it useful to have the hatred banner here just for those rerolls to hit in the first round of combat which is where you really want to be beating people. dont bother with banner of barrows as you have a 66% chance to hit with it, whilst a 75% with the royal banner in the first round. plus this way the vampire also get hatred were as the banner of barrows only affects whites and white kings.

Secondly, give the helm to some other vampire. you want him in combat as your lord in grave guard doing damage, which means he cannot use the helm of commandment anyway. but another vampire having it can give your grave guard WS6 and with hatred get a reroll meaning than they are hitting in the first round 82% of the time and 66% every other time.

You want a hard hitting list then you need to make a compromise with your grave guard and blood knights. basicly if you want your list to work you cant take both and expect them to both work to the best of thier ability. Either you take a solid grave guard unit and blocks of troops with the odd corpse cart, and back them up with somthing fast like black knights or fell bats, or you take 6-7 blood knights with the flag of blood keep banner and put a lord either near or with them, along with a bsb maybe carrying the drakenhof banner.

You then need to look at your core.

What do you want to keep alive and what are sacrificial units?
    If you want your skeletons as a solid center then have at least two vamps with lord of dead to get them to a rediculous size like 30+ from extra raising, something that a loadstone corpse cart helps with. if you want ghouls then give the vampires summon ghouls instead. now i find i take two units of 10 ghuols, one on each flak just to capture quarters or stop flanking cavalry having an easy time, and thier T4 makes for a good screen for other units. with this i have a block of skeletons witha vampire and lord both with lord of dead whom raise the unit to about 30 strong from 15 by turn two.
    If your taking ghouls as a mainstay then get rid of skeletons all together and have nothing but ghouls.

If on the other hand your taking the blood knight option you want maybe two small blocks of infantry to act as buffers to your characters whilst your blood knights go around killing things. with this small units of ghouls to act as an anoyance or een fell batts to keep up with the knights and along with dire wolves block line of sight to and from the frenzied unit. a Lord on Dragon may be the thing to use as although you are suseptable to missile fire being a large target and only T5, a joint charge with both can kill all but the very toughest and stubborn of enemy troops.

The hatred banner on blood knights isnt much good anyway as you hit on 3 most of the time and if you need to reroll just make sure to get van hells off on them once they're in combat.

Have you considered manfred the count in you list on hellsteed in your knights? gives you alot of raiseing power, gets +1 to raiseing skeletons and dire wolves etc aswell as having a 4+ save and 5 wounds, and you can then gie him 2 arcane items.

Hope this has been a little help to you,

Saltrock36

+ Reply to Thread