1000 point Friendly List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Friendly List

So i was just getting into WHFB, and i stumbled upon quite a large number of models for fairly cheep on ebay. Originally i was going to play Ogres.. but these models just jumped out at me. so first the models:

Lahmian Vampire, Foot and Mounted
    2- mounted Blood Dragons None on foot >.<
    10-Grave Guards
    10-Black Knights with Black Knight Champion and Black Knight Command
    1-Black Coach
    2 Tomb Banshees
    9-Undead Dire Wolves
    20-Zombie Horde
    60-Skeleton Warriors: 1 with HW and full command, other two with spears and a champion

I then went on to buy two other vampires (The Bestial and an OOP lahmian model)

So with these models, and some small (As possible) additions, what would be a good strategy

for my vampire counts army? I am thinking a horde army might be nice. Thanks for the help.

Note that I am not asking for an army list, and i will be posting one once i get a good idea about what i need for these guys, and get a good hold on my strategy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I think the block unit skeleton horde with grave guard at center, supported by a unit of black knights would work well for you with all those models and would have to buy very little to support it.

In the new book there are no bloodlines but that doesnt matter model wise, a vampire is a vampire and you can make them how you want.

the only things i think you would need for the horde army is one or two corpse carts to help the riasing process and deffinatly another box of zombies just for raising, also a box of Grave guard just to boost that unit of 10 to 20 strong.

hope this helps a little,

SAltrock36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.. So Here is the first draft of the first army I’ve made

Heroes:
    Vampire 1 (General)
    Lord of the dead
    Dark Acolyte
    Flayed Hauberk
    Sceptre De Noirot

Vampire 2
    Lord of the Dead
    Dark Acolyte
    Black Periapt
    Power stone

Core:
    Skeletons x20
    Standard bearer

Skeletons x20
    Standard Bearer

Dire Wolves x6

Special:
    Black Knight x10

Total: 999

I think It’s prolly way out of whack, and I feel like it doesn’t have enough units, but its really hard to balance.. so feedback would be most appreciated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

You have two level two vamps both with lord of dead so you can cut both skeleton units down by about 5 each to 15-14 strong, knowing that you can quickly raise those units up. Try to get enough points for necromancer and you will see your spell casting ability become near unstopable.

I would also maybe drop the Black Knights by a few models to maybe 7 strong. i wouldnt expect to get them in with the full rank bonus so wouldnt worry about it, instead use those extra few points towards maybe a corpse cart for a necromancer or another unit of somthing if your desperate.

Otherwise looks good,

Saltrock36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be a good idea to put the necromancer in a corpse cart?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Curator View Post
    Would it be a good idea to put the necromancer in a corpse cart?
    I tried this the other night and it worked pretty well. Since it's a ridden monster, you can put it a bunker unit of skeletons or ghouls.

That BK unit is much too large IMO for such a small game.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.. revised list..

Heroes:
    Vampire 1 (General)
    Lord of the dead
    Dark Acolyte
    Flayed Hauberk
    Sceptre De Noirot

Vampire 2
    Lord of the Dead
    Dark Acolyte
    Black Periapt
    Power stone

Necromancer

Core:
    Skeletons x15
    Standard bearer
    Musician

Skeletons x14
    Standard Bearer

Corpse cart (Necromancer Mounted Here)
    Unholy Lodestone

Dire Wolves x6

Special:
    Black Knight x7

Total: 998

Ok.. so The necromancer is pretty much bare.. should i do something with him?.. also, the musician is in the skeleton unit just to take up points

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

The list is looking very good at this point. I agree the necro is a bit bare but he does give you an extra casting and dispell dice so in small points is worth it. I normaly carry a power stone on mine but its is far from esential. dont bother with magic items on him, if anything maybe look at another spell but as i said, looks fine.

Saltrock36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.. so how exactly would i play this army? I dont want to be going into battle all gungho, and get my butt handed to me. What kind of pointers do you have for people just starting VC? Any good threads that are already made that could help me out?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

My best suggestion for you is to visit the VC gamers site at www.vampirecounts.net which like all army dedicated forums will have the best kind of tactics for you to use.

My own sugestion is that you use your army almost as a moving block of troops, keeping your general and corpse cart close to the center in order for them to best benifit your troops.

war dogs in front to block line of sight, these are throw away units. if you get them close enough to charge a war machine then do so just to stop them fireing for a turn or two but dont charge out if the rest of your troops are left out in the open.

as for your black knights try to position them close by so they benifit from marching from a vampire but not so close that they cant flank the enemy.

with a vamp in each skeleton unit and the cc wedged between them your best hope is to move up the field whilst raiseing your units, then diving into combat hoping you've done enough for 3 ranks and outnumber on top of any kills you might obtain.

hope this helps a little

Saltrock36

+ Reply to Thread