2000 tournament skell/vamp magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 tournament skell/vamp magic

Hi All,

I've got an upcoming tournament on teusday with friends and i'm planning to use the following army list from the new vc army book. We will use the 6th edition rules because most people haven't played with the 7th rules yet. I know it may be a bit weird with the new armybooks. My friends will be playing skaven, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Dwarfs(new book) and dark elves(new book).

-Vampire Lord: extra lvl, dark acolyte, Avatar of death, Lord of the Dead,
    Walach's Bloody Hauberk

- Vampire: Avatar of Death, dark acolyte,
    Book of Arkhan

- Vampire: Avatar of Death, dark acolyte,
    Black Periapt

- Vampire: Avatar of Death, dark acolyte
    Battle Standard

24 Skeletons + standard, War Banner

24 Skeletons + standard, Banner of Endless Nightmare

24 SKeletons + standard ( Battle standard goes here)

10 Dire Wolves

24 Grave Guard + standard + Great Weapons

5 Fell Bats

1999 Points Total

Total Power Dice: 12
    Total Dispel Dice: 8

My characters wil be spread out among the units, Lord in Grave Guard, so that each unit has got a good static combat resolution. The whole army is going to move towards the enemy, hoping to get some Van Hell's of, but most of the time my units will get charged, planned to win with combat resolution and fear. My char's will raise back skelletons and other units (Grave Guard too, hence the Great weapons)
    with most of their spells. All my characters have decent magic capability and some decent armour save, because i expect them to get some pain at charges.
    In 6th rules Power dice aren't tied to wizards, so i can use them to raise skeletons with my lord (if i got that right).

I've got some doubts about the periapt, any suggestions/critics?
    I was also thinking about the forbidden lore. Using rulebook lore's against these armies could be useful (Rulebook spells from 6th edition rulebook that is).

Maybe i could use some of the rare choices too; i was thinking about black coach(because of my magic and a reasonable ward save) or wraiths, but i don't know which unit to substitute.

Thanks in advance for your comments and critics

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerful list, each unit is surprisingly hard to beat. Wolves might b useless. I'd drop them a few skellies and some gg to get a unit of black knights or three wraiths with banshee or varghulf. These units add more flexibility and allow u to actually charge. Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

You can probably pretty safely drop the wolves, they won't really be worth the points I think.
    I would definately try to squeeze the helm of commandment into this list - Its probably the best item for an infantry horde to have and if combo'd with banner of the barrows it means Grave Guard hit on a 2+ against most people! Also get summon creatures of the night for you're lord. Field the bats in two units of three and then summon then beyond their initial numbers by using invocation, suprisingly effective!
    Otherwise looks pretty solid, good luck!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your replies guys, I really appreciate it

I already considered the helm of commandement before my post, but i think most of my vampires wil be in the center of the units and will be in combat when they charge or get charged. I hope they will survive combat and charges, but VanHell's could help a lot.

Second, I really like black knights, but with all the artillery in my opponents armies i doubt they will not get shot to bits Varghulf same problem, but i really like him too. Wraiths could be a good option.

As for the wolves, my plan was to deploy them at one flank somewhat behind the other units, so they will be out of most of the shooting and magic. I really like the idea of the bat units and the summon creatures of the night, and i think it can be very powerful. Need to buy some extra bats though
    I do have one question though, can they be summoned one at a time or be summoned as infantry?

Has anyone else got any comments? they're welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Yeah humerously enought the bats count as infantry for the purposes of invocation of nehek. Stupid I know but there it is.
    I think the helm is well worth it after the FAQ rulings about it, that way if you're vampire is in combat and you fight his first and break the enemy, you can use his WS. Its awesome for if you get flank charged too!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about the bats and helm. Bks are very resiliant to shooting because they can move through anything! Hold back behind building or units and then march right through them and use the book to getthsm in. Varghulf is also super hard to shoot down with t 5 and regen I find he always is worth his points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Wel it's been a while but i took first place, so the army list turned out to be a good one
    I discovered a few things though, some of which you already told me, but i wanted to try my own list anyway

I gave my GG hand weapons, so they didn't get killed by all the shooting and magic, but it eventually lacked the killing power they needed.

Maybe i should switch the wolves with another unit of bats, because they can be raised easily, especially with this magic heavy army.

Also thinking about the helm; better WS gives them just the kills they need.

Maybe some other protection for my hero vamp's, they tend to get killed quite easily. (especially against new Dark Elves and Skaven).

Thanks a lot for your replies

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)