1k Wolf themed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k Wolf themed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

1k Wolf themed

Alright I honestly know close to nothing about how fantasy works as a game other than cross-overs from 40k. However I've been intrigued by the Vampire Counts and took a shot at making a list.

Hero - Vampire (Armor of Night, Talisman of Lyanci, Sword of Battle, General) - 175
    Hero - Necromancer (Corpse Cart) - 130
    Hero -Necromancer - XX

Core - Skeletons X15 Musician, Banner, Champion, spears - 155
    Core - Skeletons X15 Musician, Banner, Champion, Spears - 155
    Core - Dire wolves X10 80
    Core - Dire Wolves X10 80

Rare - Varghulf - XXX

Total 1005pts.

Vague Idea was to use the Dwolves, Varghulf and Vampire to outmaneuver and crush into archers and other less tough units. Then the Necromancers support the skeletons as a phalanx line. No idea how well this would work, but alot of my choices were focused with the wolves, vargulf and vampire in mind, with the rest formed out of the Battalion set.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

The big thing to remember is that if you run your vamp general with the varghuld etc then the rest of your army will be out of range to march - he's the only vamp in your list and it leaves you wit h two very distinct parts that can be easily dealt with.
    I would drop the second necromancer and try to find points to give your general avatar of death and try and squeeze a second vamp in there.
    Maybe drop the wolves down to 2 units of 8. And I would seriously consider just giving one unit of skeletons hand weapons - the increase in save means that they have a better chance at surviving and holding a unit in place to set up a flank charge with the killers.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have 4 units of 5 wolves, instead of units of 10. don't uses spears, use extra points to give unit flamming attacks, double unit strength or +1 combat res. banner. drop a necro, give ur vampire lord of dead. give other necro book of arkhan. Then, solid list. Consider dropping corpse cart. IMO = overcosted. Get 2 vampires instead.

+ Reply to Thread