First 1000pts Vampire counts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 1000pts Vampire counts list

Vampire counts ~~~~~~~~~~~ 998pts

Lords & Heroes -
    Vampire w/ Supernatural horror + Summon creatures of the night
    w/ The Book of Arkhan + The Balefire spike + Nightmare + General
    168pts

Vampire w/ Dark Acolyte + Lord of the dead
    w/ The Flayed Hauberk
    170pts

Wight king w/ Rod of flaming death
    115pts

Core -
    10x skeleton warriors w/ champion + musician + standard bearer
    100pts

10x skeleton warriors w/ champion + musician + standard bearer + Banner of the dead legion
    125pts

5x dire wolves
    --pts

Special -
    5x black knights w/ hell knight + musician + standard bearer + royal standard of strigos
    195pts

3x fell bats
    --pts

Rare
    n/a

This is my first vampire counts army at 1000pts. The idea behind it was to take enough magic to be effective while still including some nasty surprises and at least some variety in the army. The general runs with the black knights on one flank accompanied by the dire wolves and fell bats. Healing wounds taken. increasing the base size of the two units and providing march moves. This combined with the banner providing re-rolls on hits with lances, getting terror in the army somewhere and a bound magic move makes this into one dangerous combo of units IMO.

The vampire with dark acolyte accompanies the skeletons with the dead legion banner, while the wight king accompanies the other skeleton unit. With this army I wanted a strong magic phase without having to take 3 vampires in the list. I think the inclusion of the two bound magic items and 5 power dice should work well enough to put up a fight at this small points bracket where I'm told running an effective list is difficult.

Let me know what you guys think about this list.

Last edited by eckyl; September 15th, 2008 at 06:19.
    "It's important to remember at all times that anyone who's done more than you has no life... Also, anyone who's done less than you is a noob."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Just a few points that spring to mind:

The general has no ward save which scares me a little bit.

Not sure if the wight king can have the rod of flaming death - isn't it an arcane item?

Need more skeletons, drop the wolves for more skeletons to start with, because one good shooting phase will kill 10 skeletons.

Drop the musicians in the army, they are usually not required, use the points for a war banner on the other unit of skeletons.

Otherwise it looks pretty good, good luck with this one!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

+ Reply to Thread