The Wrath of Ike: DavidVC04's Vampire Counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The Wrath of Ike: DavidVC04's Vampire Counts

So what do you guys think about this list? It's the one I'm running in the next Votewar. It's a big change from my original plans but looks like it'd be both fun and effective. What do you think?

The Wrath of Ike
    DavidVC04's Vampire Counts Army

Ike - Vampire Lord, level 3 wizard, Dreadlance, Crown of the Damned, Dread Knight, Red Fury, Walking Death
    All attacks automatically hit at strength 7. Unsaved wounds give another attack. 4+ ward save. 2+ armor save on barded nightmare, +1 to combat resolution, stupidity.

Gustav - Vampire, lvl 1 wizard, Battle Standard Bearer, Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred, War Banner
    2+ armor save on barded nightmare. Lance for str 7 attacks. +1 to combat resolution from the banner and rerolling missed hits every round.

Hanna - Vampire, lvl 1 wizard, Avatar of Death, Book of Arkhan, Talisman of the Lycni, Ghoulkin
    3+ armor save, bound spell for 8" movement, base movement of 9 for a nasty surprise, ghouls in army get pre-game march.

Crypt Ghouls x 20, Crypt Ghast
    Crypt Ghouls x 20
    Crypt Ghouls x 10

Dire Wolves x 5
    Dire Wolves x 5

Black Knights x 8, full command, Banner of Hellfire
    Magical, flaming attacks.

Spirit Host x 3
    Fell Bats x 5

Varghulf
    Varghulf

General Comments:
    Ike's Entourage
    Ike and Gustav join the Black Knights. They start with a static combat resolution of +5. They have a unit banner, the battle standard, the war banner, walking death, and a rank. Ike will have four auto hits at str 7 that can generate more attacks that will also auto-hit. The BSB adds 3 more str 7 attacks that reroll every turn. The wights hit at str 6 and have something nasty against regenerating units with the magical banner. The two vamps can cast IoN on the unit to bring back 2 a turn. At full size, they have unit strength 20 and can auto-break many ranked units before the dust settles. They will hit hard and be difficult to destroy.

Hanna's Ghouls
    The ghouls get free movement before the game starts. Hanna joins one of the bigger units and has the Book of Arkhan to keep the opponent guessing. Also, she has movement 9 to take out targets of opportunity like war machines, fast cav, or to get out of danger if she needs to.

The Rest of the Wrath
    Wolves and bats do what fast units do. Spirit Host are a real problem for the enemy, especially with two Varghulfs raging across the board. They can support the Black Knights if they need to or cause havoc as the game dictates.

Ike has 7 casting dice and 6 dispel dice, but no scrolls. He gives the finger to enemy magic and dares the enemy to bring it on. Enemy wizards won't last long against the knights, Hanna, the Varghulfs, and the other fast units.

Speed, hitting power, and overwhelming force. The Wrath of Ike.

Last edited by DavidWC09; September 21st, 2008 at 08:10.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Not a bad list there tbh. A moving VCs list- truly you are the Arky of the VC world.

That said, I refuse to help it! (seriously, I have no intentions of assisting an enemy's list- maybe after the VW though)

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vry nice army, fast and great combat punch, I like the twin-varghulf, they seem to operate well in pairs , ghouls ofcourse are awesome. Putting both Ike and Gustav in the black knights is a bit of an overkill I think, maybe Ike can solo somewhere else because he does so much damage on his own, u could consider using a hellsteed (flying) this way instead of a barbed nightmare. U seem a bit vurnerable to magic, u could drop a few spirit hosts for a necromancer with 2 dispell scrolls? Great list though! I'd use a similar one if I had ghouls , but I'm kinda stuck to skeletons ;(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I worry about that unit with the flaming attacks, especially as it gives both gustav and ike flaming attacks. Dragon armoured high elves and dragon princes like that, but you need something against the regenerating units I guess.
    Otherwise it looks excellent, you might be a bit short on magic defense, but you can prioritise killing enemy wizards so that might not be such an issue.
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I wondered about the flaming attacks. Since Ike has a magical weapon, will he have a flaming attack on top of the weapon's own magic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Probably, depends on the rules as they are written I guess, I think the wording is that "all attacks made by any model in the unit count as flaming." If that is the case then there is a good chance everything flames!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't black knights already have wight blades though? Aren't magical flaming attacks kind of a waste if that is the case?
    A wraith with an angels body, demon with a smile of gold. You soul sucker, I won't become like you. -Atreyu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vallessian View Post
    Don't black knights already have wight blades though? Aren't magical flaming attacks kind of a waste if that is the case?
    Yes, wight blades are already magical, but they don't ignore regeneration like flaming attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really think of anything to spend a measly ten points on, so the banner of hellfire does make the most sense I suppose.

How many points is this list? I'm confident that it would demolish most 2250 point armies with ease, but it must be more than that because thats an awful lot of units you have in there.
    A wraith with an angels body, demon with a smile of gold. You soul sucker, I won't become like you. -Atreyu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

It's 2250. I'm only using three vamps, not four. That frees up a lot of points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast